Thread: Mk4 gti ecu chipped or tune wanted

Mk4 gti ecu chipped or tune wanted

Hi as the title says I'm after a stage 1 or stage 2 chipped or tuned ecu for my 2002 mk4 golf gti.

I have modded my car with a full turbo back exhaust, adjustable Dv, and k&n panel filter. And a bigger turbo inlet pipe.

I have also increase the boost a little bit and when its cold I get into soft limp mod until I turn my car off.

Thanks
    Last edited by TheOt; 28-10-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Welcome.

Firstly remove your boost adjustment device.

Secondly how does your adjustable dv work? If it vents to atmosphere it might be screwing up the systems accuracy on metering air. Fully closed would be advised.

Thirdly, if you want quality service get in contact with Gavin from undergroundperformance.com.au.

Or ring around and compare costs, they are all the same, but the service you will get from Gavin far exceeds many others.

Thanks heaps for your reply.

My dv is venting to the turbo intake pipe, and my boost contoller is a bit add but it works.

I have split the pipe to the turbo wast gate with a 3 way T connecter and clamp a small hose onto it and clamp the hose to the right size to limit the boost to 11psi on my boost gauge. This air just vents out to the atmosphere, Not sure if thats accurate though. Any more boost and I get into solf limp mod.

I just can't afford to spend $800 to $1000+ on tuning my car. Which is why I'm hoping to find an tune ecu for cheaper.

Maybe someone is wanting upgrade there tune or ecu.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOt View Post
    Hi as the title says I'm after a stage 1 or stage 2 chipped or tuned ecu for my 2002 mk4 golf gti.

I have modded my car with a full turbo back exhaust, adjustable Dv, and k&n panel filter. And a bigger turbo inlet pipe.

I have also increase the boost a little bit and when its cold I get into soft limp mod until I turn my car off.

Thanks
    I have a Stage 1 Revo Tuned ECU for mk4 gti plug and play for sale. Has 2 boost settings low 8psi and high 15psi.

Fantastic, how do you switch between boost levels and how much? And is limp mode deleted?

Users Country Flag
    Fantastic, how do you switch between boost levels and how much? And is limp mode deleted?
    The immoboliser is deleted so will work with any mk4 gti. The only way I know of being able to switch is from any Revo tuner dealer they just plug in their laptop and switch over I found this out after getting the immoboliser deleted the tune switched to low boost and I went in and got it switched back.

Revo do sell a SPS Switch which allows you to switch between tunes but as far as I’m aware the Aus delivered mk4 ecu is unable to use it.
    2004 Golf GTI MK4 Reflex Silver | Custom Code Phase 2 Tune | Ported K03S | Ported Exhaust Manifold | Silicone TIP | N75J Valve | 2.5" TBE| Silicone Boost Hoses instead of rubber | Turbosmart DV | Unrestricted Pancake Pipe | Cold Air Intake | JOM Extreme Coilovers | Whiteline Rear Sway Bar | DieselGeek Sigma 5 Short Shifter| Driver Side Vent Mounted Boost Gauge

Thanks. What country are you/ecu from?I wouldnt want to switch to low boost anyway. Lol

How much did you want for it and how much would postage cost?

Users Country Flag
    Thanks. What country are you/ecu from?I wouldnt want to switch to low boost anyway. Lol

How much did you want for it and how much would postage cost?
    I'm from Sydney NSW, I'd prefer pick up but can probably sort something out for postage. $700 pick up or $725 express postage.

Thanks but thats why more than I thought I was hoping for around $400-$500.

Anyway I think my golf is stuffed.

The gear box casing has blown and my gear box sounds awful and I had gears jam on me today likely I got it going as I was stuck at a roundabout.

Tomorrow I will find out the cost to fix it. Buy buy tune

I never thought this would happen to my car as it only has 140xxxk still young. Maybe the km were fake when I bought a few years ago.

Users Country Flag

Don't stress bro! head to Jolleys U pull it and grab a $129 fwd 2.0lt gearbox from any (4cyl) manual mk4!!!

Keep the mk4 alive!

Stu