Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Mk4 GTI 1.8T Exhaust Options

hey guys, just installed mine, straight forward job, i took my time to get everything right.
    turned the car on just to double check for leaks, fitment and rattles while its still on stands, nice deep sound, no rattles, hopefully all good once i start driving. took a bit of a gamble with the tips since my car is an A3, worked out good.

1.8T AGU | K04 | GIAC | 380cc | VR6 MAF | Custom Intake | FMIC | TIP | 3bar FPR | N75J | 42DD 3-2.5" TB | GFB DV | FK Highsport | ECS Stage 1 Clutch | OZ FUTURA

Users Country Flag
    looks nice and neat

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys, sorry to dig up a dead old thread, Im looking for somewhere I can get a good 2.5" Downpipe within australia?
    is 250 a fair budget?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    Hey guys, sorry to dig up a dead old thread, Im looking for somewhere I can get a good 2.5" Downpipe within australia?
    is 250 a fair budget?
    Probably no where. Ebay/aliexpress is the only place running stuff that cheap.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Probably no where. Ebay/aliexpress is the only place running stuff that cheap.
    Yep thats what i thought, i guess you dont want to go cheap because it has to be able to handle the temperature. Ok i guess i need to just bite the bullet. I might have to save up. 5-600 could be a new limit if i save

Users Country Flag
    Yep thats what i thought, i guess you dont want to go cheap because it has to be able to handle the temperature. Ok i guess i need to just bite the bullet. I might have to save up. 5-600 could be a new limit if i save
    Nothing to do with temperature, you can't buy the hardware, cat and labour for that here. Mass produced is the only way you get close. Blackers10 got one cheap from the states. I think he paid to have a cat put in it? Saved a few$$

Users Country Flag
    I plan on keeping the stock cat though... Is that no good? I also plan on installing myself.

Users Country Flag
    I plan on keeping the stock cat though... Is that no good? I also plan on installing myself.
    Std cat is pretty restrictive. Definitely consider a 200 cell replacement

Users Country Flag
    For 500 you should be able to get a custom downpipe with highflow cat made and installed at an exhaust shop.

Thats what mine cost about 18 months ago. Mandrel bent steel and high flow cat. I should have got the whole lot done at the same time because it was another $500 for the rest of the sytem downpipe back a few months later.

Users Country Flag

2.5" milltek DONE!
    DEEP POCKETS NEEDED

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415