Thread: Head Light Query

Head Light Query

Hi,

VW Golf, 2003,MK4,Hatch, 2.0 ltr Sport.

The right side headlight top bracket is broken so I need to replace it on my wife's car.

Looking on the internet there is one with a fog light and another without.

I am assuming that this car has not got fog lights as where it looks to be located is just a chrome cover type thing.

Also this light moves up and down to compensate any heavy loads and can be adjusted to prevent glare into oncoming cars.

So, with just the chrome piece on where I assume the fog lamp would be, this would be a light without a fog lamp?

Do all lights to suit this model have the up and down adjustment or is it just for the sport model?

Many thanks.

The motor for the adjuster just twists out of the housing so even if you get one without the motor it should just swap over.

I got one recently from ebay that showed has having the foglight but was actually just a blank cover, it was cheap knock off but still had a spot for the motor.

Thanks BoraBora. It seems the ones without the fog light is a 9 pin connection. I am finding lots of left ones , but not right ones. Cheers for the info

Look at this on eBay VW VolksWagen Golf Mk4 1998~2004 RH Right Hand Head Light Lamp (10 Pins) | eBay

There is a 10 pin one. Not sure if it will suit or not.

Ugh sorry i was referring to a bora headlight btw, just thought about, should be similar though in regards to the twist off motor.

Users Country Flag

If its just the plastic tab at the top VW sells a tab replacement kit for like $15 - saves you from buying a whole new headlight

EDIT: heres a link to said product but VW have them cheaper iirc

Genuine VW MK4 Golf RIGHT Hand Headlight Tab Repair Kit - 1J0998226 1J0 998 226 | eBay