Thread: First time Bora 4mo owner (control arm refresh question)

Users Country Flag

First time Bora 4mo owner (control arm refresh question)

Hi all,

I recently bought a 2002 Bora v6 4motion sport with 148k on the clock and I'm in love with the car! I want to start freshening it up. Starting with the suspension I need to replace the bushings in the control arms but thought better just replace the whole control arm and the ball joints. I use to get my parts from German Auto Parts in the states and as they "don't have a bora" in the states, it's a Jetta I wanted to know if anyone has replaced their lower control arms and if they know what the part number is? I have already been doing some reasearch and found this part number 1J0407151C but I wanted to hopefully hear from someone who has already replaced their control arms and if they know the part number before I pull the trigger on the order?

Thanks
    1994 MK3 VR6 (Remus box) Daily
    1996 MK3 GL (Remus catback and CAI) R.I.P

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakes View Post
    I have already been doing some reasearch and found this part number 1J0407151C
    This MFG part number is correct for the lower control arms.

Have you looked at these? MK4 Control Arms - Prothane Poly Bushings w/ Ball Joints

You can also purchase them from ECS Tuning.

Poly bushes, much better
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Beale187,

Yep I came across BFI also but im on a tight budget as I want to do the Chains early next year, the car is only on 149k but I don't want to roll the dice, I will also be doing the clutch while I'm at it.

Users Country Flag
    Budget constraints understood.... Perhaps change the bushes rather than the whole arm???

If this helps OEM part no. below for the bushes

Lower-Inner Front Bush - OEM #357407182
    Lower-Inner Rear Bush - OEM #1J0407181
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

The thought crossed my mind but at the prices that GAP is selling them at i thought might has well by the whole control arm and that way it will be easier for my mechanic to replace it.

for the OEM bushes numbers.

Hi all,

Im hoping someone could help with an error that I'm getting after getting the lower control arms replaced? I now have the traction light come on and stay on. My mechanic did a scan and found the following error 00778 steering angle sensor (g85) mechanical malfunction. The steering wheel is a little off but has been prior to the control arm change and the light never came one.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any help will be greatly appreciated.