Thread: EXEDY branded Clutch and Flywheel

Users Country Flag

EXEDY branded Clutch and Flywheel

Hi Aussie dubbers,
    In my search for local G60/Vr6 Clutch/flywheel parts I came across the EXEDY brand.
    they have a store on ebay.

EXEDY Single Mass Solid Flywheel Clutch Kit VWK-7859SMF VOLKSWAGEN VW 228mm | eBay

sorry for the long link.

so basically my question is this:

how bad can clutch feel get? and what are the tradeoffs for cheaper alternatives?
    I'm told exedy is quite reputable, and being local makes a massive difference to price.
    what are your thoughts on aftermarket clutchs?
    anyone have experience with this brand?
    Last edited by Fatty; 06-12-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typos

Users Country Flag
    Exedy is a good Brand. But at $650, that is about $150 more expensive than having a kit shipped from ecs tuning. Also the weight is the flywheel in the exedy kit is not known from the description.

I have an ecs tuning kit, it has been good.

Users Country Flag
    I had an exedy in another car.. Clutch was insane. Felt great. Stalled it leaving the workshop it was so snappy (needed bedding as well)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ive committed to buying the exedy, regardless of your friendly advice. I will surely let you know how it goes and ill probs make a video of me trying to drive it. im a total rookie so i wouldnt be suprised to stall it either.
    if worst comes to worst, I could just get the old flywheel machined and buy a new clutch and just reinstall the old one. but hopefully i wont need to.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I installed the clutch, very easy process. the clutch runs so smoothly and just sticks. love it highly reccommend.

Users Country Flag

i have this installed in my GTI. IMHO, a bit clunky off throttle in 1st and 2nd gear, but this may be due to the poly bushes in the control arms, and a slight noise comes from the gearbox while cruising in 4th.