Support VWWC

Thread: Clamp for silicone TIP

Clamp for silicone TIP

Hey!

What are people using to hold their TIPs on?
    I'm using a solid worm gear at the moment and it keeps sliding off the chamfered part. When I try and do it up tighter it just pulls itself off. I was going to try a T-bolt but they are thicker and I feel like would be worse.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Hey!

What are people using to hold their TIPs on?
    I'm using a solid worm gear at the moment and it keeps sliding off the chamfered part. When I try and do it up tighter it just pulls itself off. I was going to try a T-bolt but they are thicker and I feel like would be worse.
    I have bad memories of the tip install. I also used a solid work gear but with better success.

I was experiencing what you are describing but it was because the silicon and turbo was slightly greasy with oil. As it tightened it would slip off. I just cleaned up both surfaces and it was then acheivable.

Thanks, I ended up getting a forge TIP instead of a Chinese one, I also did as you suggested and cleaned everything as best I could with propyl alcohol before I started and it seemed secure. I'm going to have a peek tonight see if it's still holding.