Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bora R32 Build Thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I was almost going to go down that route with the BDE 2.8, port / polish the head but I didn't want my car off the road that long waiting on workshops. The dimpling is interesting though haven't seen that done before, might watch a few more videos to see how they effect the flow. I would have thought a smoother surface would have achieved better results flow wise.

The zhorst I hit soap water and scotch brite and metal brush to start with, followed by a 400grit wet, then an 800grit wet, then a polish, then a quick wash to remove any excess polish. The thing was filth I could have spent all day on it. Come up better than expected.
    Last edited by beale187; 26-03-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: missing test

Cleanup made a huge difference!

Busy weekend on the 4mo. After spending 8mths tripping over the body kit in my shed I thought it was time to fit it up. I couldn't fit it up earlier as the lower skirt at the rear doesn't clear the tail pipes. The meant I had to do the body kit and exhaust at the same time.

Stock:
    Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7484-jpg

So once the bar cover was off it was time to split it. I left it out in the sun for an hour or so to soften up then got to it. So to split the rear bar it's basically all clips in

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7485-jpg

Then once it's split, with the Oettinger rear skirt.

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7486-jpg

And a few final pics once it was fitted along with the BBE exhaust.

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7489-jpg

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7487-jpg

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7488-jpg

Unfortunately I had misplaced my phone earlier in the day (later found it in the engine bay of the R32 wedged behind the expansion tank , must have slipped of the skirt and fallen) so I didn't get many photo's of the skirts or front splitter getting fitted OR the exhaust. The front splitter clips in the same as the rear skirt but from my previous experience if you scrap it then it can come unclipped so I used a few small dobs of Sikaflex, 1 at each end and 2 in the centre only about the size of the 5cent coin.

The side skirts, 3M double sided tap again 2 dobs of Sikaflex at each end of the skirt, then they get screwed in at the ends.

The exhaust sounds phenomenal! Nice burble under about 2500rpm but sounds nice and throaty at anything above 3000rpm.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post
    Not much happened over the weekend, usual domestic crap got in the way. I did however take delivery of this, ladies and gents welcome to the place where MK4's come to die... My backyard haha

Attachment 33541
    This quote has come back to haunt me.... So after having my Oettinger bodykit on for about 4 days! This happens....

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7582-jpg

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7583-jpg

I'm yet to strip it down and see the extent of the damage but one of two things is going to be the outcome.

A - Buy another one (AGAIN, my VWW signature is getting longer)
    B - My R32 conversion just got a whole lot more in depth.

Needless to say I don't think there will be much progress for a little while.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag
    Oh that's devastating! Looks like a big hit - what happened?

Users Country Flag
    Thats gut wrenching mate! Hope its only minor and fixable!

Stuck my nose where it doesn't belong unfortunately, my bad.

Stripped some of the front off over the weekend and as I suspected she got hit right in the sweet spot (hence why the bags popped)

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7599-jpg

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7600-jpg

Bora R32 Build Thread-img_7600-jpg

Tiny little bend in the rail. Spoke to my smashy at worked and he has told me it's an easy fix panel / rail wise, it'll pull right out. Only problem is the motor has to come out to do the job right... Which was going to happen anyway to fit the R32 donker.

So originally the plan was to swap out the

R32 motor & gearbox
    ECU
    Cluster
    Ignition barrel (this way I could use the R32 key with minimal reprogramming or immo defeat)
    And other suspension goodies...

Now to add to that

Seat belts (my front ones deployed)
    Dash with airbag (or at least airbag)
    Steering wheel airbag (possibly clockspring also)
    Airbag module
    Rad support and basically everything forward of the engine minus bar cover and headlights.

In theory it should all bolt right up.. Can anyone think of anything I've missed??

Users Country Flag

No need t o stuff around with the key barrell and make new keys. Just change the coding in ecu/cluster to be your current data.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast