Thread: Bora issues

Bora issues

Hi all.
    I just bought a 2001 1J Bora 2.3l V5 with the AQN engine.

Overall, I love the car and got into it after having a very positive experience with getting my partner's VW mad daughter into a 2007 Golf V.

After owning the car for a couple of months, I'm noticing a few niggles coming up which are annoying me to say the least.
    I'm wondering if anyone here would mind helping me to iron out these issues please.
    They are;

CLIMATRONIC
    Loses all power and shuts off whenever it's hot inside the car.
    This happens whether the climatronic is operating or is in the OFF state.
    The outside temperature gauge on the dash seems to go from a true reading to something spurious in Fahrenheit hen onto all dashes ( --- )

ROUGH RUNNING
    At indiscriminate times, the engine runs rough, coughs, etc.
    Seems to do it mostly after I've been for a drive, shut it off to go into a shop etc., then try to continue on.

At idle, the engine often seems to surge

AUTO TRANS ( Tiptronic )
    First start in the morning seems to take a very long time to go from 1st to 2nd then appears to run well.
    Occasionally, I get a heavy knock, to the point of feeling like the rear axle has dropped out when changing 3rd to 4th

EOBDII

I have a very basic EOBDII device which I've plugged in to check for error codes.

I get P0135 (o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 1, sensor 1)
    And,
    P3211 (no description available) - some research seems to point to this being associated with the P0135 error.

So, may I please humbly ask for the assistance of anyone with a good working knowledge of these things, in the hope of getting as much sorted as possible ?

Thanks in advance

Leigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Where are you located, I have the same bora in storage atm, and have a VCDS cable. Happy to help out if you are close by.

Coil packs are common to go on this engine, I had to replace all 5 on mine.
    O2 sensor heater is also common, it just takes longer to heat up.
    The 09a transmission should have the fluid changed at 120kkm, Penrite make a suitable fluid.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

G'day mate. Thanks for the offer.
    I'm in Frankston, Victoria.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 1JBora View Post
    G'day mate. Thanks for the offer.
    I'm in Frankston, Victoria.

Happy to help you out as I have a scan tool and access to a workshop in lynbrook over weekends if you interested.

Users Country Flag

Did you get my PM back then? Happy to help if you still need it. I am also down the mornington peninsula.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro