Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bora crank but no start, no fuel or spark

Thanks MK1 I have replaced the crank sensor with no change, also have unplugged both cam and the maf sensors to trick it to start. I am going back over the electrics tonight to see if I have missed anything.

Another symptom is no check engine light at all... EPC light is always on.

The other thing that it sounds like is the immobiliser.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Mmmmm I did have a thought about that, however I have no idea how to check that Bora Sport.

I did some tests, ECU has no power to main pins I think 3 and 24, not sure what the other ones I checked were, relay 428 under the bonnet has no power they ground on the relay and with the ecu disconnected one of the main large pins has ground... I am unsure what's the go there, but applying ground power the the relays ground pin gets the relay to work, although it still wouldn't start, I had to stop as it started raining quite heavy, so that's as far as I got.

So questions, how do I check immobiliser?

How does the ECM get power? I read that the 428 relay is actually controlled by the ECM? How? How else does the ecu get power?

I also noticed last night that my passenger door won't lock or unlock with the key or the internal button, it had always worked, unsure if this is a symptom...

Just to recap, all fuses are getting power to both sides, fuel pump relay under kick panel appears to work...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12