Thread: Anti Lift Kit on Bora 4Motion

Quote Originally Posted by PranK View Post
    Hey gldgti why did you can your reply?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ahh it wasn't that helpful, that's all
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Fundamentally, you just cant change some components and expect to change the general handling balance of the car.
    Some people will tell you adding a thick rear anti roll bar will cure understeer - but it's a lot more complicated than that.
    I'm my personal experience you can compromise the wet weather handling and safety of a car a lot by doing that.
    In some ways it's worth mentioning that it's cheaper, and more effective, to adjust your driving style. I don't mean that facisously, but it's really true.
    PranK, 5 years and x km might well be long enough to have worn or broken the rear lower wishbone bushings, but TT/R32 or poly bushings will fix that.
    You can get a super proud kit that adds some castor angle to the front which is a really good way to improve the front grip level.
    I hope that is some help ��
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by gldgti View Post
    Fundamentally, you just cant change some components and expect to change the general handling balance of the car.
    Some people will tell you adding a thick rear anti roll bar will cure understeer - but it's a lot more complicated than that.
    I'm my personal experience you can compromise the wet weather handling and safety of a car a lot by doing that.
    In some ways it's worth mentioning that it's cheaper, and more effective, to adjust your driving style. I don't mean that facisously, but it's really true.
    PranK, 5 years and x km might well be long enough to have worn or broken the rear lower wishbone bushings, but TT/R32 or poly bushings will fix that.
    You can get a super proud kit that adds some castor angle to the front which is a really good way to improve the front grip level.
    I hope that is some help ��
    Yeah I've heard about people having problems with tail happiness from bit fat rear sway bars.

I should get under the front and so some inspections all around. I did replace must bushes when I bought the car but not sure if there are any that were missed.

Thanks gldgti. Btw I've been driving rwd and rwd bias AWD cars most of my life (Skyline gtrs etc) so my driving style could very well be compromised.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Just reading a view on Audi's forums regarding these inserts.
    Powertrack insert, about to go in!! | Audi-Sport.net

Quote "If its running 50/50 all the time then the clutch is fully engaged so the pump is running all the time to keep the clutch engaged so thats the only thing you will have reliability problems with"

clutch plates would wear sooner as well I imagine. Probably a good idea for track days, screw in, track it, screw out. But no good on daily drive.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post
    [/I]clutch plates would wear sooner as well I imagine. Probably a good idea for track days, screw in, track it, screw out. But no good on daily drive.
    No good for somebody trying to baby their car to 300k's!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123