Support VWWC

Thread: 1.8T run on e85 in 4 easy steps... can also switch back with a laptop anytime..

1.8T run on e85 in 4 easy steps... can also switch back with a laptop anytime..

has anyone thought about using e85? im not sure exactly how much cheaper it is or even worth it.. havnt seen any petrol stations with it yet around my area..

heres the link from vortex where you can run e85 and also switch back to 98 with just a few settings on your laptop..

VWVortex.com - DIY: a complete guide to convert your chipped 1.8T to run on E85 FlexFuel ethanol (in 4 easy steps)

your thoughts??
    Passat 1.8T K04 | Audi A3 1.8T | Bora 4Motion

Users Country Flag
    I'm also interested in seeing what experiences people have with this. I've been meaning to ask my mechanic if he knows of anyone who's made the switch. Certainly I know lots of guys building serious performance engines have already moved to e85 setups.

Users Country Flag
    You use a heap more fuel on E85, but the performance gains are good.

Users Country Flag
    You use about 30% more fuel but it's a lot cheaper than 98ron. But as mentioned the power gains are huge for a turbo car. I have been researching this for ages and came across a real world example here in Brisbane. The guy races his street driven Evo 9 in the Time Attack comp. He is in Group A so pretty good. Anyway his Evo made just over 220kw atw. And after the E85 tune pushed over 250 and does under 11 secs down the quarter!!! That's a huge increase for a higher capacity fuel pump, injectors and tune.

I contacted Custom Code in the UK to see if they have dual map capabilities and it's just around the corner they said. When they do I will happily be going down this route. The only downfall is the amount of petrol stations that stock it are minimal. Only a couple on the south side of Brisbane through Caltex I think. But that's why I'll wait for the dual map so I'm not caught short as you'll likely blow your engine running normal fuel with the E85 tune.

heres a link to autoswitching programs..
    https://bwperformance.com/store/prod...4/18t/software
    Passat 1.8T K04 | Audi A3 1.8T | Bora 4Motion

Users Country Flag
    Is anyone using e85 fuel on an agu 1.8t?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirocco20348 View Post
    Is anyone using e85 fuel on an agu 1.8t?
    im making the switch in the next month or so

Users Country Flag
    Keep us updated!! Would be interested to hear how it all turns out.

Users Country Flag

I don't on my GTi but on the vr6t I will be. Its incredible stuff! In for results