Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many VR6s in Aus?

Users Country Flag

Thumbs up

Last week a guy in Hamilton sold a VR6 to another bloke in Warwick. It was a dark coloured one, I believe. I know this from the bloke who did the safety certificate on it.
    Last edited by Amir; 27-04-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling!

That was mine. It was charcoal

Without Your Seatbelt, You Know Your Gonna' Die!
    Project: mk1 cabriolet 20vt

Users Country Flag
    Nice one. Din't know it was up for sale. Any pics?

Without Your Seatbelt, You Know Your Gonna' Die!
    Project: mk1 cabriolet 20vt

Funny looking Corrado!!

Users Country Flag
    That's a good looking car. What size rims did you have on it, 16"? Looks like they could be BBS?

Coming back to the original sentiment of this thread: he was right about the VR6, but he also assured me it was a Corrado. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    That's a good looking car. What size rims did you have on it, 16"? Looks like they could be BBS?

Coming back to the original sentiment of this thread: he was right about the VR6, but he also assured me it was a Corrado. Fail.
    Had me in suspense for a few minutes there!!!

They're the original 15" BBS that came standard on the GOLF VR6 btw...

So....getting back to corrados. Has anyone talked to a RAW(registered automotive workshop) lately regarding the cost of a license? Wondering if it's still 20k? If it was half that it'd nearly be worth bringing in a few mint VR6s(corrados!!!!).

Users Country Flag
    I spoke to an engineer about that. He said quite clearly not to bother because you just don't know what it will end up costing. He cited the example that if the luminescence of the tail lights do not conform to the Australian standards, even if they are bright enoguh, a whole new testing regime must be conducted - and certifying the tail light alone may end up costing $10,000! He advised me very strongly that unless you have a good $50k spare to chuck at it you'de be entering a world of pain. If everything was to go smoothely, and everything complies, it could cost as little as $15k to have a Corrado complianced (apparently).

Respect to anyone who's willing to go down this track. For the moment, it looks as if we remain reliant on the grace of UK expats to bring more VR6s into the country.

Users Country Flag

has anyone got any idea how much , it would actually cost to get a rado shipped and on the road from the uk ?
    yep i've heard all about the pre 89 thing but there must be some way you can get , say a 94 VR over here somehow.
    Whats with all the jap's ie; skyline's , s14 /15's etc etc
    i sold my vr with regret in 2009 to a good mate and now's he's thinking of selling , but as promised at the time
    i get first shout , bit of a bargin even with the shipping hopefully if i can get it here ,
    i've googled this to death , so i thought someone here would know

oh sorry if this has already been said by anyone else , if so i havent seen it ............
    Last edited by stevienix; 26-05-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    wheel whore's ....................yeah right , we can all buy a pretty sticker !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast