Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vw t5 brighter headlight options!!

Vw t5 brighter headlight options!!

Hey guys have a 2014 vw lwb transporter, just wondering what headlights people have fitted to theres to make it brighter? Would love a LED LIGHT BAR and LOW and HIGH beam HID headlights as I was thinking that would get it as bright as it could go. Where have people fitted LED LIGHT BARS?? I dont want a nudge bar and would love it to fit snug and out of the way. And also what is a good quality brand of HID?? I race motorcross and do heaps of driving on back country roads very late at night after racing and compared to my old 2010 sprinter van which had HID headlights. The VW is terrible!! Any pictures or thoughts would be appreciated cheers guys!

Hi Hayden check ours I fitted the Cree Light bar so bright wish I had one last year on my work van . I was coming back from Cherbourg and a damn deer stepped out in front of me in the dark nearly s*&&t myself . The T5 like yours can be done its a bit harder than the early model because they changed the front section .

Normal high beam

With Cree the trees in the distance are many hundred metres away .

Users Country Flag
    Hello Sunny43.5

Might be interested in this for my 2007 T5.

What spec (wattage etc) light do you have ?
    How much was it and how long did it take to install ?
    Is it legal to drive around in the burbs with normal beam on ?

Thanks
    Last edited by SGG; 29-10-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Hi SSG the light bar is only activated when the high beam is on , believe me if you were to have the light bar on with normal lights you would find yourself on the receiving end of an angry mob of blinded drivers !! . This is the one we have on both our T5s the early T5 is easier to fit as the grill is different on the later T5.1 19 6" Inch 126W Cree LED Work Lamp Combo BAR Light Truck Boat Offroad 4WD Lamp | eBay It takes around two hours to fit wiring is easy just fit a 40amp relay and connect to the high beam trigger wire and that's it .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    ....only activated when the high beam is on , believe me if you were to have the light bar on with normal lights you would find yourself on the receiving end of an angry mob of blinded drivers !! . ....
    I see said the blind man .... its only a hi beam set up.

I misread your post .... however like yourself I too am unimpressed with the factory hi beam set up on the our T5 in country driving so the above might be just the trick.

So you reckon this is easier to fit in our 2007 T5 (where the grill slot is about 22 inches wide) which is narrower than the above slot in your pic ?

Correct SGG the early T5 has a better opening with less vertical braces so it fits with minimum cutting I,ll post a pic of my work van 2004 T5 it shows the light in place .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Correct SGG the early T5 has a better opening with less vertical braces so it fits with minimum cutting I,ll post a pic of my work van 2004 T5 it shows the light in place .
    Great ..thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    Great ..thanks

T5 older model .
    Vw t5 brighter headlight options!!-img_7825-jpg
    Newer T5.1
    Vw t5 brighter headlight options!!-img_7826-jpg
    Older close up
    Vw t5 brighter headlight options!!-img_7824-jpg
    Newer close up you can see the difference in the opening the light is slightly back inwards .
    Vw t5 brighter headlight options!!-img_7827-jpg

Users Country Flag

Thanks mate .... I'm sold ... I am interested in this
    18W 36W 54W 90W 126W 234W Cree LED Work Light BAR Driving Offroad Lamp 4X4WD CAR | eBay

The 126W spot/flood combo ... is that the combo (spot/flood) to get or should I just get a flood one ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast