Support VWWC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tdi450 Transporter available for ordering

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    I'll never understand technology that fails because of how we drive or how far , seems to be a bit of a failure that we should not have to bare when it goes belly up .
    Are you saying that people who drive their car to the train or bus stop, which is in a walking distance from their homes have absolutely no idea that their doing has nothing to do with the engines prematurely failing and wearing out?

In that case, the car manufacturers faild them, by not making a car smart enough to read people's mind, searching for the intention "oh I'm not allowing this engine to be started now, because you will drive me for a less than 2km and it harms me a lot". Maybe a car in the future will have the navigation unit and you will have to put the destination in before every trip and the car decides if it drives you or make you to walk.

In similar way, many other products manufacturers can't be held responsible for incorrect use or complete misuse. I could say it more plainly but I don't want to be rude.

Now back on topic, I think that the TDI450 can be ordered (who knows until when) with a manual gearbox at least in 4mo and LWB, worth checking if someone doesn't want the DSG.

Car of the future will be electric so it won't be an issue.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    Car of the future will be electric so it won't be an issue.
    I've meant near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Are you saying that people who drive their car to the train or bus stop, which is in a walking distance from their homes have absolutely no idea that their doing has nothing to do with the engines prematurely failing and wearing out?

In that case, the car manufacturers faild them, by not making a car smart enough to read people's mind, searching for the intention "oh I'm not allowing this engine to be started now, because you will drive me for a less than 2km and it harms me a lot". Maybe a car in the future will have the navigation unit and you will have to put the destination in before every trip and the car decides if it drives you or make you to walk.

In similar way, many other products manufacturers can't be held responsible for incorrect use or complete misuse. I could say it more plainly but I don't want to be rude.

Now back on topic, I think that the TDI450 can be ordered (who knows until when) with a manual gearbox at least in 4mo and LWB, worth checking if someone doesn't want the DSG.
    Okay I will concede that early engine wear can be an issue with short trips but for a major component like the DPF to fail is wrong ! end of Rant . Back to the topic no more from me on the DPF here .

So has anyone ordered a T6 TDI450 Transporter yet?

Users Country Flag
    I almost did, available now for some time, but I don't think that it can be ordered with the manual gearbox, DSG only.
    Hence the reason I stayed away.

Users Country Flag
    Id be tempted to order the Sprinter with the V6 Diesel over the TDi450.

although that is auto only as well i think.
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    I almost did, available now for some time, but I don't think that it can be ordered with the manual gearbox, DSG only.
    Hence the reason I stayed away.
    And probably never will here. VW Australia can make you wait 4-6 months for a van buy won't open up the options list. Also wondering why the new Crafter uses an 8-speed torque converter auto or for that matter doesn't have a TDI450 version even in Germany.

Users Country Flag
    Maybe after chinesse LDV vans cannibalise their sales VW will learn.

The LDV comes fully loaded with dual sliding doors, all safety features that they have at the moment. only option is a colour and transmission - manual or auto.

Not that I'd be ready to buy one yet but,
    I looked at them this week and was surprised how good their interior is. They have Cummins or VM motori engines, I can't comment on the rest of it and only time will tell.

I would buy a LDV in an instant if it came fully fitted out the same as a Kombi Beach, but even VW have dropped the ball leaving us with only the expensive Mercedes Marco Polo camper to buy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast