Support VWWC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T6 Transporter/Multivan/Caravelle

Users Country Flag

T6 Transporter/Multivan/Caravelle

Somehow, I can't believe that VW would not give us to choose the transmission option?

It seems, that the one can have any configuration, as long as it is with the 7sp. DSG.

Then, perhaps they should put 10years warranty on the DSG. What do you guys think?

Users Country Flag
    The days of car manufacturer offering manual's is almost over with higher emission targets.

Come Euro 7 spec, it'll be hard to find a manual.

As for the 10 year warranty, yes there should be a 10 year drive line warranty, they should stand behind there product, as a manual is normally almost bullet proof other than the clutch.

Users Country Flag
    Manual Multivans and Caravelles in the T5 and T5GP weren't that common anyway.

Besides, the 7-speed DQ500 DSG is not a bad thing. Failures are fairly uncommon.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Manual Multivans and Caravelles in the T5 and T5GP weren't that common anyway.

Besides, the 7-speed DQ500 DSG is not a bad thing. Failures are fairly uncommon.
    Not so great for the long term reliability and trouble free.
    Why would I pay more for the DSG and then pay again when it's old and needs rebuild or an expensive repair?

The fuel economy from 4x4 Sprinter

T6 Transporter/Multivan/Caravelle-img_1903-jpg

My long term average is 9L/100km
    Last edited by Transporter; 13-01-2017 at 08:07 PM.

I,m with you Transporter seems wrong to restrict the options that are probably available overseas but not here in Australia , the new T6 is available in Europe with the 2.0 petrol Turbo probably more reliable and less expensive than the DPF equipped diesel that lots complain about with known problems . As for the DSG I am not convinced its going to be a long term reliable box , but as a victim of the Tiptronic I am very cautious with our DSG van . I just cannot be convinced that it will be a reliable box considering all the electronics inside , ours has already had problems when it was near new . Some may not realise that the DSG was a huge problem on several continents , yes I know the van DSG is a different one to other VW models . But when you read how the Chinese Government made VW give owners a ten year warranty after the debacle in half a million DSG equipped VWs , it makes you wonder how we are going to be treated down the track .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Why would I pay more for the DSG and then pay again when it's old and needs rebuild or an expensive repair?

The fuel economy from 4x4 Sprinter

T6 Transporter/Multivan/Caravelle-img_1903-jpg

My long term average is 9L/100km
    Given that barn doors are becoming very, very rare on the Transporter range, I had a look at the Crafter.
    Manual only and they just had a price drop on the base model.
    The downside I read was that they are shifting production from Germany to Poland this year.

2016 Volkswagen Crafter to Be Built in Wrzesnia, Poland - autoevolution
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Go to the VW UK configuration site and you'll fall over in disbelief at what is available and how limiting VWAust is.

I may have mentioned this somewhere else so forgive me, coffee hasn't kicked in yet, ...I rang VW Aust last month and asked that considering Euro6 is a requirement in Aust for any vehicle built after a set date later in 2017 will the TDI 450 be offered in Transporters?

I said I will wait and delay my purchase if so. The answer was 2 engines are being evaluated however I couldn't be told which ones they were. Now obviously in the UK a 110KW and 150Kw TDI Euro6 options are offered and the 150kW is already offered in Multivans here, so it's not exactly a top secret situation. I couldn't see VW only offering the 110kw and a lower power unit similar to the current Runner offering, but you never know. It would however leave them well behind the Vito 119's 140Kw. The Vito locally also offers a factory fitted 30/70 split fold and roll forward/completely removable 2nd row bench which VW also offers but only overseas.
    Last edited by Tornado T5; 14-01-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicprObe View Post
    Given that barn doors are becoming very, very rare on the Transporter range, I had a look at the Crafter.
    Manual only and they just had a price drop on the base model.
    The downside I read was that they are shifting production from Germany to Poland this year.

2016 Volkswagen Crafter to Be Built in Wrzesnia, Poland - autoevolution
    I'd wait for the new Crafter if possible, 8 speed conventional auto, far better looking and some great features if the local bananas decide to offer them.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    As repairs become more & more expensive & cars/vans depreciate faster, there will be a pile of scrapped cars waiting to be crushed.
    Maybe, with electric vans just around the corner it's inevitable anyway.
    In the case of the T4, the youngest being around 13 years, there is increasing interest in conversion to manual trans.
    In the UK there are some available from the wreckers, but in the US they have to go back to a '93 to find a manual donor.
    I am prepared for the future. All my cars/van are manual that will probably last until they take my licence away.
    Last edited by jets; 14-01-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast