Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: T6 Transporter/Multivan/Caravelle

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Stop it Transporter your making my mouth water !
    Wait until you try and see the Iveco's front bench seat.

Users Country Flag
    if Iveco did an auto with low range 4x4 6 mtr van it would be a hot seller fro a campervan conversion

There is the 4x4 sprinter, but its way to $$$$, well for me it is.

Users Country Flag
    Ive been told Amarok was built in SthAm, but moving back to Germany later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiels3927 View Post
    Isn'twasn't Transporter built in Germany & Amarok in South America or some place?

Just as I was ready to negotiate on a T6, Merc go and release a LWB Vito Crewcab (Merc speak for Crewvan).

I thought Mercedes already had both SWB and LWB already for many years or is this in a new shape ?

I thought Mercedes already had both SWB and LWB already for many years or is this in a new shape ?
    Overseas there are SWB, MWB and LWB Vito Van and Vito Crewvan versions.
    In the last two Vito models the Crewvan only came in MWB length in Aust. For the current 447 Vito a LWB Crewvan adds about 33cm of interior cargo length behind the 2nd row and matches the VW Transporter LWB. The Vito has superior rear seat flexibilty.
    Last edited by Tornado T5; 01-02-2017 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks for that I haven't really been following Mercedes vans so it was new to me .

One thing I've noticed about Mercedes dealers, is that they tend to treat vans as second class citizens, experienced this from both sides as a dealer mechanic and later a customer, albeit a company driver but then again the company I work for was at one point the largest Sprinter customer in the world. To the point "my" Sprinter was a T1N SWB 313 Sprintshift 3.5t, a model not available to the general public, had a few other interesting options such as no windows, 3rd brake light, rear step and 100L fuel tank. Local dealer still messed us around, know a fair few other Mercedes van owners who had the same experiences.
    Personally I'd have a look at Renault offerings, only considering a Multivan because Renault won't do a passenger version of the Trafic for Australia and the Citroen Spacetourer hasn't been confirmed for Australia.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for that I haven't really been following Mercedes vans so it was new to me .
    I'd stay away from MB, the built quality is iffy, body and mechanical.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345