Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T6 Bull Bar and Fog Lights

Users Country Flag

T6 Bull Bar Multivan/Transporter

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Caravelle and looking at getting a full bull bar fitted (ECB is the only option I can find).

If we get the vehicle with fog lights there's no provision to fit them into the ECB bar, I guess this is just the price I'll pay for having a bull bar? The Light and Sight package contains more than just the fog lights so we're on a winner with the other bits.

Does anyone know if the bull bar goes over the top of the existing lower bar or replaces it?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Edited to add: Ended up going with a Multivan not a Caravelle.
    Last edited by TonyMax; 16-08-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I believe it goes over the lower bar from memory, they can answer that if you give them a call

I'm looking at the Nudge Bar myself on my T6, any reason you need the full bullbar?
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Users Country Flag
    I'm guessing that he needs a full frontal protection.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Rural commuting with wildlife at dawn and dusk.

Turns out I'm actually getting a Multivan now and no fog lights.

ECB don't guarantee their T6 Transporter bar will fit the Multivan, so the local fitting shop are going to have a close look and compare a Transporter and Multivan. Fingers crossed.

Users Country Flag
    It will fit.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMax View Post
    Rural commuting with wildlife at dawn and dusk.

Turns out I'm actually getting a Multivan now and no fog lights.

ECB don't guarantee their T6 Transporter bar will fit the Multivan, so the local fitting shop are going to have a close look and compare a Transporter and Multivan. Fingers crossed.
    That makes sense, I saw Canberra, so i wrongly assumed CBD.

I would never discount wildlife being in CBD areas we often find ourselves dodging large bunnies around our area those big grey things sitting on their tails just waiting to jump out and frighten the crap out of you . Some years back I almost hit a flaming huge deer on the side of the road coming back from a job northwest of Brisbane , after that I fitted a Cree Light bar made a HUGE difference at seeing what is lurking on the side of the road .

Any experience with the Qld Bullbars Aerobar on the MY17 Multivan. Manufacturer says it fits the T6 Transporter but they can't guarantee at this stage, although they are 99% sure it will be OK.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bermagui View Post
    Any experience with the Qld Bullbars Aerobar on the MY17 Multivan. Manufacturer says it fits the T6 Transporter but they can't guarantee at this stage, although they are 99% sure it will be OK.
    You're probably going to be in the same boat as me, a mass produced bar for the Transporter which will probably fit Caravelle and Multivan but they haven't tested it.

I'll let you know how I get on with mine from ECB if you like, it might give you some hope.

I'm hoping if there are small differences in front bumper profiles they are small enough not to interfere with bull bar fitment. I can't imagine chassis, intercooler or anything behind the bumper would be different between Mulitvan and Transporter but I could be wrong.

Users Country Flag

If anyone is interested, i spoke to ECB today and there is a difference between the T6 and T5 bullbat and nudge bar.

He Didn't go into much detail, but they have different part numbers for T5 and T6.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast