Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 transporter aftermarket radio options

Users Country Flag

Stevan
    Bluetooth works well for the iPhone 6 ( had to get into factory settings and turn the input volume up)
    thats for both phone calls and music
    Radio reception is fine( have to admit I like my music more than Harvey Norman ads) so have not fully tested the radio out. But I did just plug in the factory antenna.

Sunny will try the USB option next time for the mirror link.

The more I play the more things I fined that these units will do.

one thing I will add is tech support from Erisin is very slow. Most issue I had have been solved watching the joying unit videos.
    What would we do with out the Internet for advice and inspiration.

Thanks Husky, thats reassuring news on the BT. Erisin, well I am up to about 20 emails with them over the swap over and return of first unit which they could not find for a week at their warehouse after I sent next day delivery...Anyway supposedly the new one is on its way from HK.It has all become part of nearly every day, a new hobby you might say

An update on my latest Erisin unit I mentioned earlier that I was not fussed on AM and only use FM occasionally . Today whilst stuck in traffic I decided to try AM surprise surprise this one works great , I was able to receive the remaining AM stations from Brisbane 40kays out of the city and also FM stations from the Gold Coast whilst 60 odd kms away from them I was impressed . I still love the DAB+ as they don't have annoying DJ's who seem to think they are entertaining by laughing at their own stupid jokes etc Plus the 32 plus stations in high quality digital sound . I found Erisin's service in the past to be pretty good but that could be a result of buying a few units for other friends and cars etc , at one stage they even offered me a local distribution deal but I declined . But they have been quick with any problems in the past so maybe as a long term customer they move quickly with sending products and info to me . The last unit was ordered on a Friday morning and it was delivered by the following Thursday pretty impressive I thought .
    Now for Husky 's question Android phones can be linked via USB or Wi Fi seems IPhones only have Wi Fi option . The head unit has its own Wifi built in there is a tiny external Wifi antennae which attaches to the rear connections . I need to remove my head unit to connect a USB cable as so far I have used both rear connections for other devices so I will need to remove the unit to set up the Mirror link I'll let you know as I have some spare time tomorrow .
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 20-06-2016 at 07:41 PM.

New unit arrived and fitted.Thanks for the heads up with the little switches on the back Husky, I had the same situation so was able to sort it out before I slotted it in and screwed to dash.Four tiny blue/green buttons on the back, from memory I switched two on the right...
    The radio reception is good enough and plenty to play with in all the other settings etc.Looks good.
    Ps FBI radio is pretty good in Sydney,,,
    Last edited by stevan; 26-06-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Stevan.
    Other settings can be changed in the factory settings code 3368.
    Like logo on start up
    volumes of inputs
    door opening symbols of the correct door
    and others.

If if I could now work out how to change the brightness of the HUD in the igo nav and how to get the turn warnings to say at 200m instead of 50m I would be over the moon.

You can change some of the settings in the GPS , when I got my latest one there were no warnings for speed cameras and school zones , in the settings it had a message which just said "Testing "so I took the GPS SD card from my previous model and saved the files from the SD card to the computer . Then I did the same with the new one I opened up the files until I found the Speed camera and school warnings file and removed it , then I did the same with the old one which did work and replaced those files into the new card . It worked perfectly so maybe you could do the same , there are lots of forums on the web for this software they may have the answer , I am working to see if I can get the text to speech working as I did see that one of the sites but never followed through . Mine gives me 300 metre warning for a turn and then again at 30 metres . Just make sure you do a copy of your originals in case something goes wrong .

Thanks for this valuable info gents.I was about to ask what you did for the code Husky, perfect timing.I went in to factory settings earlier today and hit that wall.There is a new issue for me in Erisin land! Today all was well until either I plugged my iphone into the usb or BTed some music, not sure as both were happening at once. I lost the BT and cant get it to pair again... Have lost all sound except keyboard tone, no radio sound or anything...I will get into factory settings with the code tomorrow after work and hope I have some joy to report back.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

"Sunny will try the USB option next time for the mirror link ".
    Ok today I tried the mirror link with my Samsung Galaxy s 6 , I did have to enable USB debugging in the Developers Options , to activate the USB debug you need to tap the About Device seven times this will then add Developer Options to the list and you can then turn on the debugging through that menu . I used a USB cable to do the setup and once it was done I could reconnect without the cable . All the phones apps and service are then mirrored on the head unit and you can control the phone via the head unit . I can browse photos and videos from the phone make calls and use the phone GPS as well [ I still will use the head units GPS as it is full screen size ] I will admit it took me a while with setting up the connections but it did work in the end .

Hi again,
    well I have it all sorted again, not quite sure what happened but went back next day and BT going with sound. I wonder if you could tell me if it is possible to turn volume up on phone so I can be heard from other end? Not so good apparently...

As these units are Android they can be like a computer , I found on my previous one it would on rare occasions "lock up "there is a reset button on the face plate just insert a pin and it will reset the operating system . Also like Stevan sometimes turning the car off and leaving it for a minute would get the same result . Did you order a separate microphone? they do make it better for the other person to hear you .

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast