Support VWWC

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 transporter aftermarket radio options

Not sure about the license thing the Chinese don't recognize much of that sort of thing , if it can be copied they will do it . You only have to look at their auto industry to see how many other car makers have had their designs copied almost exactly , I saw some time back a Chinese Rolls Royce copy almost identical right down to the emblem on the bonnet . They use Google for head units connection to the internet via wi fi along with many main stream apps .

Hi Sunny43.5. The Erisin device you bought, does it have a front port for SD card or USB stick or do you have to have a cable connected to the back and poking through the front panel somewhere?

The last one came with two slots on the front behind alittle rubber flap one for SD card 32gb maximum for video music photos etc. and the other slot for the GPS mapping etc , interesting thing was this same unit was shipped without the GPS card but the GPS still works . I think they have saved the GPS mapping to the internal memory which is built in to the headunit it can store 26 gb .The rear panel of the unit has two USB ports and they supply cables in the box which I ran out through the glovebox for easy connection but i don,t use them for that purpose , now if you order one with DAB+ one of those ports will be used for that part , same for the DVR forward crash camera . So if you can't get DAB+where you live then you can use that port for the USB cable via the glove box . DAB+ only works within close radius of each capital city up to around 40km from city centre . This is the latest one Ibought scroll down to the bottom and you can see all the connections 8" Android 6.0 Stereo Car GPS NAVI DAB+ For VW Golf Tiguan Jetta Seat Touran EOS | eBay
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 28-06-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks, Sunny.

Users Country Flag
    Just wondering if anyone knows where I connect my handbrake wire to in a 2010 T5.1?
    Do I go under the floor covering to the handbrake assembly?
    Or should I just do the earthing bypass thing?
    I am not interested in watching movies while I'm driving
    But I can't get Android Auto to work without the handbrake connector.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Just connect it to an earth source , depending on what system or brand you have there is an option to allow or not watching video while driving , its in the settings section .

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for that. Seems like everyone must do that. I can't find any instructions anywhere for how to connect to the handbrake.

I ended up going with the higher end kenwood unit including their front and rear cameras. I got a 20% of ebay deal off an already good price which ended up being about double the chinese unit, and only because it's a business expense I went with that.
    For work I really needed to have the genuine android auto and apply carplay available for testing.
    I'll post some more details for reference when I get it finished.
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

What size screen does the Kenwood have out of interest and did they supply some sort of facia adaptor .

Users Country Flag
    It is a 7" capacitive screen - Kenwood DDX9017DABS 7" DVD Digital Media Receiver

I bought one of these fascia units from carbon car systems for $60;
    METRA MT99-9011 05-Up Volkswagen Multi Fascia (SDDD) - FACIA KITS

I will post up all the parts I used when finished and have made sure they all fit/work.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast