Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T4 rear hatch tent

Users Country Flag

Fjord III tent

We got one of these tents the Fjord III from Germany it cost us about $700 inc postage which was $200 (through the dealer tent and post would have cost $800)
    It is a bit pricey but for the same money you can get a Black Wolf tent that pops up pretty easy but comes in a bag 4 times the size, this comes in quite a surprisingly small bag. It is made to suit VW transporters or vitos (the Fjord III) we got an optional magnetic strip to connect to the rain gutter (4 options to connect) and the tent zips up so you can drive away, has an optional floor that zips in and wind break under the sliding door. We havn't used it yet, but have put it up, takes a little time and patience though but practice makes perfect. It is a good size, you can stand up in it, it also has an optional room that zips in but we didn't need that.

we just did the great Ocean Road but did not use it as we only stayed one night at each rest stop, but our next adventure we will.. check it out here...........

http://www.dwt-zelte.com/php/set_con...ukat=3&uukat=1

Users Country Flag
    Oz tent works well with a whole range of hatch back vehicles inc' T4 and T5.

I bought an oz tent - RV 5 for a big trip a little while back to suit my T4 and have since traded upto a T5 and although I have not used the oz tent with the T5, I know it will be just as good as it was with the old bus. Free standing too.

Users Country Flag

Hi,

You might want to have a look at www.justkampers.co.uk I got both of my drive away tents from them when I was in the UK. I know that they have started to ship to Australia now so might be worth a look.

Hope it helps,
    Jonathan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12