Thread: T4 Immobiliser issues

Users Country Flag

T4 Immobiliser issues

Hiu guys. Im a newbie to both VW and this forum. My names Mark, im 54 and been under cars a lot throughout my life but these VW's.... a whole new learning experience...yayayayay..NOT

The 2 VW VANS SAGA
    LONG story cut short

T4 2L 4cyl pet 5 speed manual.... Regod til april

Lost my keys, 2 weeks of trying to get it to start, new locks readers, found keys, put in initial keys (not original as dont fit door locks) wont start, reader wire is damaged through prior to my ownership stuff and then my attempts at vroom, change reader wire new 2nd hand lock assy.... no vroom!

NO start = it will "start" first kick 98% of the time and die just as quickly. ANY HELP greatly appreciated.

95 T4 5 cyl 2.5L 5 Speed Auto with a suspected blown head gasket I need to sell. Unreg/untested as bought from a wrecker for the straight body .

Okay there is a part at the top of the ignition barrel that reads the keys code , if you have lost the original keys it may be a mongrel to sort . We did an engine swap on my sons T4 some years back diesel to petrol so everything got changed and it was fine .But after I refitted his old diesel engine etc into the donor van it would not start , after a week of stuffing around a fellow Forum member enlightened me to the key reader thing on the barrel . So I took the original keys from the diesel van held it next to the barrel while using the other keys and it started first kick . I took both keys to a Mr Minit shop where he inserted the old key and copied the code , then inserted the next key and copied the code to that one perfect result . If you have changed the code reader on the barrel you will need the keys for that reader to copy the code to your original keys . I hope you get what I mean good luck . Now this could be related but the T4,s had a relay for the computer module that could pack up it would allow the car to turn over but not start Relay 30 from memory must be VW one .
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 13-02-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    thanks Sunny, ive tried swapping 30 out with my other vans unit. Still no vroom. Looks like its out for the count. bugger it was a great van

Jeez don't give up that easy T4,s are a good van . Have you tried what I said ? could you explain what you have changed so far .