Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Today I fitted the 'modified' vacuum hoses as per Volkswagens TPI 2027520/13, to solve the 'moo valve' noises coming from within the engine bay.
    Symptoms included the mooing noise and also when revving out in say 2nd gear the car would just lose all power, like it was losing boost, and then slowly pick it up again as you change up a gear.
    Taking it for a test drive was an absolute revelation as it now pulls hard, on boost all the way into the higher rev's (did this as a test only because, yes I know they don't make power up there) and it does not lose boost between gear changes and the mooing has stopped!

A massive thank you must go out to Transparu on here for getting in touch with me about the issue after I posted a wanted add for a place to find the hoses online due to them being exorbitantly expensive here in aus, he not only found them.........in Czechoslovakia no less, then ordered, paid and sent them to me in Melbourne, all without wanting payment till I received them. Cheers mate.

My suggestion to anyone with this problem that hasn't got the upgraded hoses to do this before just replacing the N75 valves. I am not actually sure when they were issued as a new model factory replacement so it would be up to you to check.

Part number for both sets of hoses are as follows:
    Bi-TDI CFCA engines
    7E0129458N
    7E0129458M

If you need the ones for single turbo just ask.

The VW Technical Product Information article is 2027520/13

Quote Originally Posted by Markee View Post
    New wheels fitted yesterday along with the King Springs last week and we're up high and moving! Ride is incredibly good, it has probably even gotten better than the original ride to be honest.

Tyres: 245/65 17 Toyo Open Country A/T II Light Truck version with a 117 load rating
    Rims: Dynamic Wheel Company Sunraysia 17x7.5in ET30 5x120 in black, load rated to 1200kgs so perfect for me, centre bore mounted for the perfect fit.
    Total lift is 50mm front and 80mm rear averaged out over both ends from stock.

I want these wheels and tires for my Passat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    I want these wheels and tires for my Passat

Haha yours is an Alltrack yeah Foxpuppet? I think I've seen it on Rotorburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Markee View Post
    Haha yours is an Alltrack yeah Foxpuppet? I think I've seen it on Rotorburn.
    Yeah that's me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    can't help but admire that stance of your van, its menacing

I do get a lot of interesting looks while driving around. Can't wait to get it out off-road eventually.
    I was reading a tech bulletin from VW about the Haldex 4Motion system and it's so very clever I can't wait to try it out. It turns out that if a wheel spins or slips the abs controller applies the brake to that wheel therefore sending drive to the other 3 wheels all controlled by the electronic diff lock if fitted.

Digging this build thread and following with interest as I'll be doing some similar mods soon (just have to sell my previous vehicle).

The tyre setup looks awesome, any more info on the rims? I'm planning on running two rim sets with road and AT tyres as I'm keen to enjoy the relative luxury of the Transporter after driving Patrol's for 10 years!

How are you finding the ride with the lift and stock shocks? Transporter (forum member) has a lot of good to say about the Pedders HD shocks.

Also wondering if you're planning on putting in a rear diff spacer as per the Seikel lift kit?

Hi Jonathan thanks mate.

Wheels are Dynamic Wheel Co steel wheels in 17x7.5in 5x120 ET30 offset Transporter specific model as they do not need spigot rings to locate the wheel centrally on the hub. I paid extra for the optional centre caps and a new set of wheel (bolts) nuts as the factory ones would not work with the new wheels.

The ride is fantastic but I've come from a very long line of lowered cars so it's a big change although we still have a Subaru Forester thats been lowered on coilovers about 5 inches, so I still get my fix for a nice handling low vehicle.
    I did not drive on the stock suspension for more than a month though so I've got nothing to base the change on other than it handles better with the raised springs I think, in part, due to their stiffer compound therefore holding the van higher and also higher in the shock stroke.
    Time will tell how the shocks fair but I can't see myself changing them out unless they fail prematurely.

I've considered the rear diff spacers but I'd need to get under and have a look and measure the rear axle angles, to see if they're absolutely necessary, and then I'd probably look at getting some made rather than be bent over by Trakka for Seikel gear.
    Last edited by Markee; 18-01-2017 at 05:54 PM.

I saw one with a similar feel the other day

On Australia Day weekend I was away racing MTB in the Victorian High Country, after this was done I took the family for a drive up to Mt McKay lookout at the top of Falls Creek ski resort. Needless to say the T5 took it all in it's stride.
    I am now hanging to get it out on a 'proper' adventure drive. Anyone have any pointers/tips on where to find groups/clubs that go off-road without being a full noise off-roading setup?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast