Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy a Multivan?

I have one of the lemons. A 2010 comfortline. Problems with power from day 1, sliding doors coming off the top (they weigh about 100kg each), taken back for various issues during warranty period. Religiously serviced. 2016 a rare leak in the water pump meant it failed and the car had to be towed away. Yesterday (August 2017) a spanner signal comes up on the dashboard and whilst going up a hill I lose total power and the car sounded like it had been pushed into neutral. I had to turn it off and back on and took it straight to the garage. They opened the gearbox and they informed me it is full of debris, something they have never seen.
    Am I the only one with the total lemon? It only has 89000 kms
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 30-08-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Are you sure it's a T3?
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

I think he made a typo no big deal , I would like to know if it was a DSG or Tiptronic . I could suggest Claudjor that you get onto VW customer service and give them the details , please several big things remain calm give consise information and never ever swear or make derogatory replies . I delt with them for two years off and on and I think my persistance paid off with a 50% "goodwill payment "and that was at 120000 km . I will admit here that because I knew why our auto failed I was able to prove my point on the VW Facebook page as well so after the two years I think I got under their skin , I had full evidence on why it failed and I posted the photos to show others . The black lumpy parts are where the fluid was supposed to pass through all of them were blocked .
    Should I buy a Multivan?-filter-jpg
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 29-08-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by claudjor View Post
    I have one of the lemons. A 2010 T3 comfortline. Problems with power from day 1, sliding doors coming off the top (they weigh about 100kg each), taken back for various issues during warranty period. Religiously serviced. 2016 a rare leak in the water pump meant it failed and the car had to be towed away. Yesterday (August 2017) a spanner signal comes up on the dashboard and whilst going up a hill I lose total power and the car sounded like it had been pushed into neutral. I had to turn it off and back on and took it straight to the garage. They opened the gearbox and they informed me it is full of debris, something they have never seen.
    Am I the only one with the total lemon? It only has 89000 kms.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    What gearbox? Is it the DSG or 6speed manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    What gearbox? Is it the DSG or 6speed manual?
    DSG auto and it's T5 not T3 (fat fingers)

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Being a 2010, is it the earlier 5 cylinder 2.5L model or the later 2.0L T5GP/T5.2/103TDI model with the 4 cylinder turbo? The bodies are pretty much the same as it was a facelift + new engine (and gearbox?).

We are about to tick over 160,000 in our 2010 Multi T5.2 and other than a busted EGR very early on it hasn't missed a beat.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

so, peujohn,what did you go for?
    Steve
    04 T5 auto 2.5L TDI

No
    Unless you have lots of money

Would be better off burning a big wad of cash and save yourself the hassle

But dont start a post complaining how bad they are as mine got closed.
    So much for this being a forum to discuss things.
    If you try and warn others your post gets closed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast