Thread: Panel Beater

Users Country Flag

Panel Beater

I have a small (approx 50 cent) size shopping trolley ding in the from nearside wing. Due to its position (just where the wing joins the bumper) I have been told that it can't be fixed using paintless dent removal methods. This being the case I am left with two options

1. Ignore it and pretend it isn't there, the paint surface isn't damaged after all.

2. Go to a panel beater and have it fixed.

Since I am a little obsessive about the finish of my vehicles I would like to at least explore the second option. The problem is that the panel beating company I have used in the past (and been very happy with) has closed down. I am therefore looking for recommendations for panel beaters in the Coorparoo, East Brisbane, Woollongabba area. As I know there are a lot of companies operating in these areas I would like to narrow the search through recommendations.

Thanks in anticipation.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    PS I forgot to mention that the vehicle is a 2012 Multivan.

I had my t5 repaired at Brisbane Collision Centre at Rocklea they did a pretty good job actually they went over and above the level I expected . There are also several methods of DIY dent removal on You Tube type " easy way to remove dents "

Users Country Flag
    I know this is an old thread, but last night I tried one of those dent removers for the first time and he was fantastic. Apparently there are plenty of shonks in the trade. I got his name through referrals on another forum and he was as good as they said he was. Most of his work is with panel beaters.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

This one I found last year from the US pretty amazing technology , but I spoke to one of the PDR guys and he said it will not work on every type of dent but hell it,s fast compared to the conventional method [expensive too apparently the kit to buy is around $3000]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cP6StA5VYg