Thread: No cruise control :(

No cruise control :(

Hey Team

Our work wagon is a 2014 Transporter. Due to having a 'non-gifted' person in charge of ordering our van there were a number of features that were not added. One of the things we require is a cruise control.

After getting the van it was handed back to VW so that they could add the cruise control. A day later they were driving about with the cruise control fitted, but were unable to get the coding right so it would work. After a day and a half we got the van back, sans cruise control

VW tell us that they can't fit cruise control to our transporter because they are yet to make the cruise control that they can code to our transporter......? I'm guessing that they do not know what they are talking about, seeing that they are they same people that told me that the RNS510 in my R32 could not be coded so that the steering wheel controls would work etc. And that was a lie!

Anyone out there had a working cruise control fitted to their Transporter?

Users Country Flag
    I would recommend to find someone with a Ross-Tech cable willing to see what they have done. It isn't hard if someone has more than one neuron to work with. It may be worth buying a cable considering your location and lack of any intelligent life at the local dealer. You are most welcome to drop by my place if you want a long drive I bought the hexcan as it does a wider range and I would guess the Transporter would also need the hexcan as they are similar to the touaregs with the computer systems
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI, region free DVD, switched Haldex, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage button, GruppeM. Front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. LEDs Alloy front suspension bits.....
    http://photobucket.com/gregsr32

Users Country Flag
    There issues with retro-fitting genuine cruise control to them when they came out in 2010.

It may need another version of the steering wheel electrics module.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I have fitted two factory cruise controls to our T5s one is the first version 2005 model and the latest one was a 2011 T5.1 there are two very different model cruises for those two vans they look the same but the wiring was very different both coded no problem . I hope the info that dealer gave you is wrong as I am about to fit another cruise to a 2014 T5.1 for another forum member , according to the supplier in the UK it should be okay so fingers crossed . The main thing with the cruise units is you have to make sure that the kit supplied is compatible with various already fitted items as they have multiple kits you can see here .VW Teesside - Online Shop - Transporter T5 GP 2010 onwards Retrofit Cruise Control
    As you can see the van must have a compatible BCM and other options as well .

Update time the van I am doing the makeover on is finished this one http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ver-99380.html , the last thing I did was fit the cruise control with trip function , big thanks to Jmac for doing the coding this afternoon it all works perfectly and it was a 2014 model so it seems maybe the dealer ExRexer has been to may not have done something correctly ?? Yes it's a bugger of a job not for the faint hearted and I am not a VW mechanic just some shmuck that has a go when he see's a challenge .
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 09-09-2014 at 08:00 PM.