Support VWWC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New T5 Project

We have a model that you described I have one in my work T5 .
    New T5 Project-20171020_1729191-jpg
    New T5 Project-20171020_1730311-2-jpg

Hi there Sunny,

Just wondering what speakers you installed in the roof? I pulled the ceiling out today, there's not much depth there... Did you use a spacer or something?

Lovely fitout mate

Cheers
    Mitch

Hi Mitch the speakers are a two way but I made sure they were pretty shallow in the magnet area , if you place them towards the outer edges you will find the roof trim curves downwards slightly but as the roof curves on the outside there is more depth so they fit quite well .

Yep ok, cheers. The speakers I want are only 50mm deep overall, so it should go close, if not a spacer will be ok.

I've read about the sound proofing you use and why. I have some of this left over, the worry is that it might guy absorb moisture? Have you, or anyone else used this before? I was going to do the roof with it...

Dunlop 8m Carpet Underlay | Bunnings Warehouse

Cheers
    Mitch

That stuff will be fine you would have to submerge the van to cause any issue with moisture , our vans for the last 30 odd years have always had the stuff I use and never any issues .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    That stuff will be fine you would have to submerge the van to cause any issue with moisture , our vans for the last 30 odd years have always had the stuff I use and never any issues .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    The sound deadner is called automotive underlay felt 900gsm 10mls thick its a very dense interwoven shredded wool blend 1.83 wide and can be bought by the metre from Nolans UDA they have a store in WA here is the product page scroll down for the info Nothing found for Media Pdf Automotive%20Marine Nolan_Uda%20Catalogue%20E4%20Auto%20&%20Marine%20C arpet Pdf . I will take some more photos in the next few days , but I have mounted the sub in the side trim the new trim is 9ml ply and runs from front to rear in one piece I have used 16ml MDF for the main front the sub is mounted into this . I taper cut the MDf from the front down to the rear 100 mls high at the front so it sits flush with the pillar trim and tapers to zero at the rear . The sub is a Kicker 10inch and it works better than the old 12 inch pioneer we have in the old van .
    Hi Sunny,
    That is seriously awesome work.
    I'm about to order a T6.1 4Motion Transporter and will look to put in a good amount of sound deadening and then trim up the inside but i know i'll not get anywhere near that quality. I'll either moderate my expectations or save for a pro to do it.

I had a look at the old link for the product you mentioned but it must have changed. Is this is the product? Underlay 900 GSM | The Nolan Group

Cheers Carl

Yes thats the stuff I used , Nolans in Yatala have changed their selling method , you might have to get local motor trimmer to order it for you as they may not sell it direct to the public anymore .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234