Thread: New Bloke With Multivan, But Which Service Interval ?

New Bloke With Multivan, But Which Service Interval ?

Hello, as the title says I've just joined and need some advice about servicing intervals for a used 2.0L Diesel TDI340 Multivan we've just bought. I found reference to the Vehicle Data Sticker in the Service Schedule booklet that is supposed to show the service intervals for this vehicle. When I looked for that sticker, which is supposed to be on the driver's side pillar, it didn't match the sticker that has been placed in that position.

After a bit more reading I found I should be looking for a code prefixed with a Q. Then I realized that the first dealership had stuck their "owner of vehicle" sheet, over all the vehicle's data, listed on the inside of the cover of the Service Schedule booklet.

I think I can just make out the code number Q14 under dealers thin sheet . Is this correct or most probably correct ?

Also would the Engine Code for the TDI340 be CCHA and if so what type of engine oil should I use and who distributes it in Australia ?

Users Country Flag
    Service intervals for the Australian-delivered vans is 15,000kms or 12 months, whichever comes first.

Engine oil spec MUST be 5W-30 504/507. Penrite Enviro+ 5W-30 is approved, and easy enough to get.

Sometimes the service reminder in the instrument cluster is set wrong for our market. They come from the factory with a 10K/12 month interval, and are meant to be changed to the correct interval at the pre-delivery inspection. Although, sometimes this does not happen, but can be changed anyway with a suitable scan tool.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag

I'm using the Nulon 507 spec.
    Seems OK. I'm on my 4th 20 litre drum.
    VW filters are only a couple of dollars more expensive than the discount auto shops, although I did come across one that was dearer!
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.