Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multivan bed length?

Multivan bed length?

Hi, still tossing around options for t5 camper. Thinking again about SWB multivan.

Question is, if you remove the middle seats, and have a multiflex table setup, once you put the rear seat into bed mode, how much space do you have left between the end of the bed and the front seats. Also considering the standard angle the drivers seat would be in for driving. 40cm? 45cm? 0cm?

Many thanks, Sam

I have a kombi beach which is a SWB camping derivative of the multivan, and it has 50cm between the forward end of the bed and the seat backs, or 55cm to the seat base. That is the maximum space if the seat backs are moved to vertical. In the beach the front seats also turn around, which increases the usable space but the seat base is still fixed at 55cm from the bed. This is the space between the bed top which sits a little out from the drawer under the bed.

Many thanks Brianj, can anyone confirm if those measurements hold for the multiflex table arrangement?

Users Country Flag
    Hi Sam

You are right - SWB Multivan makes an ideal starting point for a camper for 2 key reasons - (1) fixing points exist throughout the floor system and (2) you already have 2/3 of a bed.

Multiflexboard is a reasonable option (but forget the mattress - way too thin). It is 60cm deep.

After years of Syncro T3 use, we moved onto Multivans, and have now started importing earlier this year the most commonly sold systems from Germany - VanEssa mobilcamping. They manufacture the lightest and most flexibile systems for Multivans. The principal of the business, master cabinet maker Hubert Vollert, drives a Multivan (and most of the staff vehicles and demo vehicles are T5 or T6 vans).

Whilst there are full rear kitchen systems at 58.5cm deep and 53cm high (exact same height as Multivan seat), there is the starting option of simply the rear S201 Multivan 'Heckboard' or Rear Board plus the 10cm Deluxe Twin Layer mattress.

The Rear Board mounts to the rail system and is light weight.

137 cm Wide (and curves around the interior lining)
    53 cm High (Daylight 50.5 cm)
    58.5 cm Deep
    Weight: 13kg

Will post a few photos as well.

Kind Regards
    Mark.
    Last edited by syncro91; 21-12-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro91 View Post
    Hi Sam

Will post a few photos as well.

Kind Regards
    Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark, can you confirm gap left in front of bed to the front seats with this setup?

Users Country Flag
    Hi Sam - on the short wheel base Multivan you should achieve comfortably more than 400mm when the 3-bench seat is folded to the Flat position for sleeping.

The images below show a SWB Multivan with our Interior modules (storage or small interior kitchen) with seat up then seat down where the seat is in the correct position for the rear MultiFlex Board (or kitchen)

These modules are 40cm wide and you will see on kitchen image there is a diagonal piece behind the seat. I included this as it helps perhaps answer your question by also posing the question as to where you wish to measure the distance to front seats (seat base? Top of seat? Same height as bed when flat?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really helpful thank you

Users Country Flag
    Multivan bed length?-vanessa-3-jpgThis without the front seats pushed forward or swiveled around.
    [/COLOR] 2016 VW Golf GTI MK7 40 Years, DSG, Tornado Red, Tinted Windows,
    2016 VW T6 Multivan Generation Six, Cherry Red with Candy White, VanEssa System with Kitchen, Mattress, Storage Bags, Swivel Seat, Roof Racks with Thule Pod, Dometic Anthracite Awning, Blackout Curtains, Bonnet Bra plus more ..

Multivan bed length?-screenshot_2018-01-27-12-08-52-jpg
    Thanks for that photo. Just to try and confirm my plans, can you see my edited photo attached? If you have the drivers seat in its standard driving position, then imagine a vertical line coming down from the top of the drivers seat, can anyone give me a more accurate x and y as per photo? Also if the rear seat is then put back to seat mode with a vanessa kitchen in back, what does x become? Thanks so much everyone. Waiting for the right multivan to come up for sale now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast