Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAF to ecu help needed

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Yes it is as long as it really is a maf sensor.
    Any idea what it might be if not the MAF sensor or MAF wiring? It showed as a MAF fault on the vagcomm done by Pete at Newcastle VW center.

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    A word of caution here. There has been several reports on the T4 Forum of people buying the cheaper brands on Ebay only to find they needed to replace them with better quality ones like the Bosch. I replaced one on my first T4 [Bosch] that wasn't cheap but work perfectly for at least the many years that I owned it.
    As suggested I tried a used one before buying a brand new one but no go.

I can't get the top connector of the MAF off although I had it of before. It seems to be stuck on somehow so is there a clip or something that needs to be depressed? Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Maf sensor pin
    3 goes to pin 49 in ECU. wire colour Orange/brown
    4 goes to pin 30 wire colour white/silver/vi
    5 to pin 68 orange/Vi
    2 connects to fuel injection timing solenoid which connects to ECU
    Thanks Transporter for the information. I've looked at it and pulled the plugs of the CPU but it is way to difficult for me. I had a mate with a multimeter check it and it appears that it's the orange/violet wire that's faulty from the MAF. I suppose the only option would be to get an autoelectricion run a new wire by splicing in at the MAF end and hooking it into pin 68 at the CPU end. Do you think that's the best bet? The car runs beautiful except it appears there is no turbo working making it very slow uphills.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
    Thanks Transporter for the information. I've looked at it and pulled the plugs of the CPU but it is way to difficult for me. I had a mate with a multimeter check it and it appears that it's the orange/violet wire that's faulty from the MAF. I suppose the only option would be to get an autoelectricion run a new wire by splicing in at the MAF end and hooking it into pin 68 at the CPU end. Do you think that's the best bet? The car runs beautiful except it appears there is no turbo working making it very slow uphills.
    As long as you had isolated that wire for the continuity test (disconnected from the ECU and the MAF sensor), you can't go wrong, that wire connects only the ECU and the MAF sensor.

Pete checked all wires and nothing detected. So I will now have the ecu tested and see if that's the problem. It still shows faulty MAF on the vagcomm???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12