Thread: Looking for a T5

Users Country Flag

Looking for a T5

Hi all,

We arrive from the uk at the end of September, I am looking for a good T5 van or multivan any pointers please? I have cash ready and would consider buying the right one remotely prior to arrival.

On a side note if I end up with a van are parts/modifications easy to get or do out there such as: side windows, back seats, suspension?

Thanks in advance, see you soon!

I'll send you my bank details and you can deposit the money before you arrive , the van will be parked out behind the Macdonalds near the airport for you . Please don't fall for that one as many people have been caught by scumbags who use photos of someone else's van to lure in a potential buyer and they end doing their money . If you have friends or relations here best to get them to check any potential purchase if you want it before arrival .Parts wise their lots of companies involved in the aftermarket fitting seats windows and doing suspension mods .Personally depending on what suspension mods you are after the UK is much better price wise for high quality components . I purchased a Bilstein Coil over set for our T5.1 from a UK company and saved a hell of a lot in comparison to local suppliers .

Users Country Flag
    Yeah.........ship the parts you need out beforehand.
    They are at double to three times the price out here.
    Especially seats!
    Best to look over a few when you get here, provided you know the clunks and rattles related to the common failures re DMF, driveshafts etc.
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Users Country Flag
    That or this is the part where we tell you that you need to keep the family and friends in the UK buttered up so they can collect and ship the parts from there to here for you later. As you're about to realise it's a bit of a different world down under... especially when it comes to drop bears

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    That or this is the part where we tell you that you need to keep the family and friends in the UK buttered up so they can collect and ship the parts from there to here for you later. As you're about to realise it's a bit of a different world down under... especially when it comes to drop bears
    Now don't go scaring him off before he gets here , drop bears aside don't forget what crawls on 8 legs can kill you / things that slither through the grass can kill you / and also what swims in the ocean can kill you as well . But as an EX Pom myself you learn to live with them , the Hawk is right having friends back there helps a lot with freight etc .

Users Country Flag
    This is all to do with the fact that You Poms are a chance of beating us in the Ashes............even so.......we'll still give you a hand.....
    Mate!
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Bonza / beauty mate she's apples , yep been here too long and an Aussie Citizen now as well . I suppose we should be asking HAF if he needs this van for work and play or just play , some things to consider in your purchase HAF do you want a manual or auto . What year range as the earlier autos in Australian models suffered from lack of Europe's understanding of our climate , its hot as hell for many months of the year and VW seemed to think the auto fluid never needed changing . This can be a problem but if you have followed this Forum you would have seen some stories about that . Good luck with your search and we hope to see your experiences on future posts .

Users Country Flag
    Interesting no one has suggested carsales.com.au yet as there are a lot of second hand vehicles around, Carsales is the dominant website for this purpose. You may also have some success looking on Free Local Classifieds Ads from all over Australia - Gumtree which is a free classifieds website used a lot in Australia these days.
    Last edited by TonyMax; 08-08-2017 at 07:40 AM.

This one won't last long Admin will see to that, but it is funny in a gruesome way .

Users Country Flag

Hey HAF, I am selling mine soon! plenty of pictures on

Salty Summits | Ben & Scout (@saltysummits) • Instagram photos and videos

It's fit out for camping, is raised and has nice big tyres for driving on the beach.

Its a 2005 4motion 2.5L, it has two seats, a bed in the back, pull out kitchen from DRIFTA, spare battery and 65L waeco fridge. Roof rack rails on the roof, solar panel to feed second battery. 40L water tank for kitchen. I will be getting a service done in the next few weeks. All mechanical items that need to be replaced on the AXE engines have been done. It has 213000 kms.