Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lithium Battery Pack Booster

Users Country Flag

Lithium Battery Pack Booster

Well, i was driving last night in the rain, and instead of having the lights on auto, i switched it to "on" to make sure that the lights were indeed on, as the light was extremely poor, damm H4 lights

I haven't got around to changing out the standards bulbs to the 130 Plus bulbs, i have sitting own the workshop yet.

Anyhow, back to the story, i left the lights on the "ON" selection and i woke up to a dead flat battery, VW assist came out to jump it, and according to him it only had 6 volts in the battery!! on his fancy machine.

I was thinking of grabbing one of these for our travels, incase i stuff up again and we are in the middle of nowhere, plus its a great spare laptop/ipad charger.

https://www.kincrome.com.au/multi-fu...ump-start-600a

Anyone used one of these, I'm assuming its strong enough to turn over a diesel VW?

Also, doesn't the transporter make a noise to let you know that you have left your lights on after you take out the key?
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Not the same one, but have this one
    https://www.autobarn.com.au/sjs-12v-...p-starter-gen2
    Package indicates it will start up to 3lt diesel or 6lt petrol. Have only tried it on a Toyota Corolla with a dead flat battery and worked far better than I expected. Handy to have in the boot with an 8yr+ old battery under the bonnet.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    MY 09 JETTA 118 TSI 7 spd DSG

Yes there is a warning when the lights are left on but once you close the door you wont hear it , we have auto headlight switching in our T5 its an aftermarket one and works perfectly you never have to turn the switch to the "on "position as it bypasses that and relies on a light sensor to turn them of and on even has a delay for after turning off the car . It only works when the ignition is switched on so you never have to worry about leaving them on , plus you can turn the lights on by just tapping the sensor which has an override built in .

Users Country Flag
    From my own experiences, these small jump starters will not always work - depends how bad is the main battery.

I have Projecta intelli start 1200 http://www.projecta.com.au/Products/...lli-Start.aspx
    Jump started flat cars few times, but not every flat battery, if the battery is really dead and with the fault it will quickly suck the juice out of the small jump starter and it won't start the engine. This Projecta unit has handy indicator, so you know when there is no chance it will start.
    It charges iPhone several times and also has handy light.

There are also some jumpstarters with the super capacitor, though I expect that they will not always jumpstart a car.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I did notice when the VW assist guy came out, the big battery pack struggled, as the battery was dead flat..

Although i think its worth getting one, just in case, ill have a look at the Projecta and the autobarn one as well next week.

Sunny, i double checked today, and my T6 doesn't make any warning noise at all with the lights on and the key out.. i was surprised as it is a pet hate of mine with most cars and their annoying warning buzzers. (although it would have saved me a flat battery in this case)

Battery is now fully charged after putting the 10amp Ctek on it while I've been at the workshop over the last two days.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn23 View Post
    I did notice when the VW assist guy came out, the big battery pack struggled, as the battery was dead flat..

Although i think its worth getting one, just in case, ill have a look at the Projecta and the autobarn one as well next week.

Sunny, i double checked today, and my T6 doesn't make any warning noise at all with the lights on and the key out.. i was surprised as it is a pet hate of mine with most cars and their annoying warning buzzers. (although it would have saved me a flat battery in this case)

Battery is now fully charged after putting the 10amp Ctek on it while I've been at the workshop over the last two days.
    Maybe needs to be coded.

Users Country Flag
    Lithium Battery Pack Booster-img_2759-jpgI got this one for just in case and had to use it two days later. From no crank to started in 1 minute.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    From my own experiences, these small jump starters will not always work - depends how bad is the main battery.

I have Projecta intelli start 1200 http://www.projecta.com.au/Products/...lli-Start.aspx
    Jump started flat cars few times, but not every flat battery, if the battery is really dead and with the fault it will quickly suck the juice out of the small jump starter and it won't start the engine. This Projecta unit has handy indicator, so you know when there is no chance it will start.
    It charges iPhone several times and also has handy light.

There are also some jumpstarters with the super capacitor, though I expect that they will not always jumpstart a car.
    I just saw in the paper today that this model jump starter is on a recall notice...

Yes a bit alarming that it starts the car and then can go into meltdown with possible fire risk .Read here on their homepage Welcome to Projecta

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Yes a bit alarming that it starts the car and then can go into meltdown with possible fire risk .Read here on their homepage Welcome to Projecta
    ...or it could be that some people are over reacting and many companies are spooked out.

It's obvious that when you draw a lot of amps out of the battery that it gets hot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast