Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lift kit for T5 4 Motion - supplier?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn23 View Post
    Interesting, what going on here.
    That is interesting. The documentation from Seikel for the Desert HD suspension allows for the 3,200kg upgrade in Germany and it only has the one bolt front strut attachment. I double checked all that with them before I payed for the documents.

Should have checked with an engineer here. Oh well, live and learn that nothing is ever simple when it comes to regulations and regulators. Obviously TUV and regulations in Germany aren't up to the same standard as here in Australia......... Just joking....

Bruce CQ

Users Country Flag
    Bryn23

I look forward to your response from VW Australia as I am seriously interested in a T6 dual cab with the upgraded 3200GVM, I also need a the maximum lift & larger off road tyres as I can only access my home via the beach.

Jeff

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bug View Post
    That is interesting. The documentation from Seikel for the Desert HD suspension allows for the 3,200kg upgrade in Germany and it only has the one bolt front strut attachment. I double checked all that with them before I payed for the documents.

Should have checked with an engineer here. Oh well, live and learn that nothing is ever simple when it comes to regulations and regulators. Obviously TUV and regulations in Germany aren't up to the same standard as here in Australia......... Just joking....

Bruce CQ

I can't wait until these Stupid ADR are gone, they were only designed to protect the local manufacturing market....

If its safe enough for Europe and the States, then It should be good enough for here. Australian conditions are no different to Europe.

There Deserts and Dry area's are just as bad as ours (Spain, North Africa and Russia) There Winter conditions in Northern Europe are far worse than here.

I spoke face to face with the sales guy again, he's still waiting on his state rep, he genuinely seems keen to find out, no 3200GVM, no sale will do that.

And i'll contact VW Australia again today as i haven't heard back from the support guy that was finding out for me.

It's so bloody easy to overload the transporter, and most people forget that the Towbar weight added to the final Payload.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NNS View Post
    Bryn23

I look forward to your response from VW Australia as I am seriously interested in a T6 dual cab with the upgraded 3200GVM, I also need a the maximum lift & larger off road tyres as I can only access my home via the beach.

Jeff
    That would be a nice setup, as soon as i find out ill post.

Users Country Flag
    I got an email back from VW customer service and it appears that you can't order the vehicle in the VW Dealer Ordering system, but it can be done as a special order.

This is the Transcript from VW customer service

In Australia we have kept the GVM upgrade for special orders only as there are few to be taken into consideration when it comes to upgrading the GVM to 3.2t. However, we are more than happy to help especially with below motoring need.

In Australia, the 4Motion model we offer is a Transporter Van LWB TDI400 DSG 4Motion which its own model code SGH1C9HD (no option code like in NZ). It is very important to know, that with the upgraded GVM you get

- a suspension upgrade
    - breakdown mobility kit
    - all-terrain tyres
    - chassis upgrade to 17" wheels.

That means, you do NOT get:

- a full-size spare wheel
    - normal road tyres
    - normal chassis.

As the dealers cannot order the GVM upgraded Transporters through our internal ordering system, it would be great if the customer could tell us, which dealer he is trying to go through. This will give us the opportunity to assist the customer/dealer & place this order

I'm located in Brisbane and I'm thinking about raising my 4motion dual cab and would like to know if it's necessary to replaced the shocks when you installed the King Springs?

Also what are some good options and where do you recommend.

Thanks

Sent from my R7g using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Transporter T5.1 lift kit

[IMG]www.dropbox.com/s/uwmmoi9et0mtals/lift%20height.pdf?dl=0[/IMG]That would be about +20 mm at the front compared to my
    T5.1 LWB - Mid roof - ex NSW Ambulance - 4-motion is already
    - if I understand your measurement correct? see picture:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwmmoi9et0...eight.pdf?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by winchmeup View Post
    I thought I better clarify the amount of lift before I give a bum steer.

From center of hob to wheel arch ( horizontal plane not touching arch) is 470mm. How does that compare to standard?

Also the contact name for pedders that handled it all, was Kevin. Branch Manager 08 82979022

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa84 View Post
    I'm located in Brisbane and I'm thinking about raising my 4motion dual cab and would like to know if it's necessary to replaced the shocks when you installed the King Springs?

Also what are some good options and where do you recommend.

Thanks

I am about to do just this and from my own research and experience I do not think it is necessary to change your shock absorbers when putting in such a small ride height change.
    I have lowered plenty of cars more than 30mm and not changed the shocks to suit and they have been fine.
    The spring overall length does not change, just the thickness of the spring steel and maybe the number of coils. Yes the car will now ride higher in the stroke of the shock but it not going to be a major problem I believe.
    Kings Springs can be bought through Bursons Auto Parts and Repco to name just two places. Most auto parts places and mechanics will be able to get them. Lovells Springs also do a set of raised springs with shocks to suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Markee View Post
    I am about to do just this and from my own research and experience I do not think it is necessary to change your shock absorbers when putting in such a small ride height change.
    I have lowered plenty of cars more than 30mm and not changed the shocks to suit and they have been fine.
    The spring overall length does not change, just the thickness of the spring steel and maybe the number of coils. Yes the car will now ride higher in the stroke of the shock but it not going to be a major problem I believe.
    Kings Springs can be bought through Bursons Auto Parts and Repco to name just two places. Most auto parts places and mechanics will be able to get them. Lovells Springs also do a set of raised springs with shocks to suit.
    I've just bought some 30mm raised King Springs that I'll be fitting next week to my 09 T5 4motion cab chassis. Cheapest prices I could get were $160 for the front Springs from Repco and $175 from eBay (wholesale_suspension). I'm not going to change the shocks yet so I let you know how I go with measurements before and after.

Hey Toa84, how are the new springs? Are you happy with the results?

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast