Support VWWC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insulating T5 "Another wet weekend and someone is getting a makeover"

Insulating T5 "Another wet weekend and someone is getting a makeover"

Well here we go again , someone has left their new T5 LWB at my house for a few weeks , so I have decided to strip it for them , stay tuned for more updates.

Last edited by Transporter; 19-01-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Rename title for sticky tread to be more clear what is it about. :)

Users Country Flag
    What you up to with that?
    VOLKSWAGEN TECHNICIAN - 16 YEARS OF PAIN..
    VCDS CODING- FAULT DIAGNOSIS - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTIONS- REPAIRS
    9W2 BT KITS -$300 - 9W7 BT KITS - $450 - CANBUS UPGRADE $150
    BRISBANE / GOLD COAST

It belongs to a forum member from Gladstone Qld we share the love of MX and asked me if I could do a fit out for him . He used to own a Vito { I think he has seen the light } so his LWB is VERY noisy and like ourselves when you are driving to race meets the last thing you want to listen to is the road roar and that lovely hollow metallic sound they make . So it will have full sound proofing done ply walls floor and carpet plus a new multi media head unit reverse camera powerful amp with loads of new better speakers and will be custom building an enclosure for a 12 inch sub into the rear side section .Plus I will be fitting factory cruise as well when it arrives from the UK .

Well I suppose we should not be surprised where components are made .

The only way to upgrade these factory door units is to destroy them and mount new ones ,

Comparison of standard versus new Pioneer split system with matched tweeters now in the dash top .

Sound deadener done like this to back of door trims and also to door inner panel as well .
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 25-08-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Its amazing how much sound deadener you can stuff into the walls and doors etc of a van , so far over 24 square metres and still a bit more to go , roof now done / side door and tailgate plus all the sides and window spaces . I have run all the speaker wiring and amp wiring etc from the head unit to the amp under the drivers seat . Refitting the original side trims in readiness for then cutting and customising ply walls as customer wants clean floor to ceiling look , a whopping 12 inch Subwoofer is being built into the rear corner in a custom built MDF enclosure . I used lots of a special packing foam to fill out some sections as it cuts down any chance of any rattles and helps absorb any noise transfer . Sorry about the two blurry shots .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Well I suppose we should not be surprised where components are made .
    Yeah, where else? When not many are willing to pay for the better quality and the products still have to be made to sell well and make a profit.

Very true Transporter the head units that is the more standard ones are made in Poland . The problem is that the base model ones fleet sales etc are the bread and butter for car makers so the cheaper the components the better the bottom line . I remember a report some years ago where an executive from Ford or GM said they could not see the need of spending more than $2 on a speaker for a car stereo . Seems like nothing has changed . The Chinese certainly have picked up their act these days quality is getting better although it will take time to match established markets from other countries .
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 26-08-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Yes and what about when Ford wouldnt spend a bit over $2 a car to put two rails around the rear fuel tank in Pintos and how much did it end up costing them?.

Multi millions when people died in rear end collisions. Sometimes it doesn't pay to skimp on costs
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Was it Ford that actually had the actuaries / accountants come up with a value on a persons life. eg: if we spend more than $x on making this car safer it's actually cheaper to let people die & pay them out...????
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Was it Ford that actually had the actuaries / accountants come up with a value on a persons life. eg: if we spend more than $x on making this car safer it's actually cheaper to let people die & pay them out...????
    Not just Ford. GM have had similar issues lately. They say they had internal management issues but I guarantee they did the numbers before recalling over 5 million vehicles! They think up to 100 people were killed by their ignition fault that was covered up and then had a cheap fix that didnt work!
    MY11 CW Golf RIntake, Tune, DP, DV+Superpro arms and ALKCustom 4" tipsTWM Short Shifter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast