Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fridge for T5 Transporter Campervan

Users Country Flag

the yellow stuff in the recess is wax
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

I've got a 40 litre built in Engel, which is mounted behind the drivers seat. Easy to reach while driving.
    I have a second 47litre Waeco which I slide in the back for when we go camping. This can then be left at the campsite with a solar panel / battery, and it leaves just the 40 litre built in in the van, for when cruising around.
    I'd go this option rather than having one massive fridge.

Users Country Flag
    thats all fine until its a full camper van build, space is limited

i got one of those cf50 waeco and its still going after 10 years, but i plan on putting in a CRX65, as space wise it'll work better.

i wanted a Westabo Isotherm drawer fridge, but they are $$$$ between $2300-2700 anything marine is $$$

so a cheaper Waeco is in my future.
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn23 View Post
    i got one of those cf50 waeco and its still going after 10 years, but i plan on putting in a CRX65, as space wise it'll work better.

i wanted a Westabo Isotherm drawer fridge, but they are $$$$ between $2300-2700 anything marine is $$$

so a cheaper Waeco is in my future.
    I'm in the market for fridge and there are many options there. Thanks for the positive comment on Waeco. Will check their fridges.

I purchased my CF50 Waeco in late '03 to use in my first T4 Trakka that is best described as a Multivan with a popup roof. It consisted of a full width fold down bed but no cooker/sink/cupboards etc. The fridge sat behind the passenger seat & could be accessed from the front or by opening the sliding side door. Later when I purchased my current T4 Trakka, that is a full camper, it was moved to the boot of our Golf where it is used several times a week when grocery shopping.
    A couple of small issues. I was not able to alter the temp. setting every time but solved that by removing the panel & inserting a small packer under the switch. I believe this can be a common problem after a few years of service. I recently transferred the fridge into the Tiguan for our holiday. On the Tig., the power is disconnected with turning off the engine, so pressing the 'on' button doesn't show any lights until the engine is running. The plug on the lead doesn't always make good contact & can disconnect if going over a couple of bumps. So, in the case of the Tig., pulling over & opening the boot,[the fridge will switch off with the ignition] the fridge may not have been going for some time. I have had no such problem with the Golf around home. I am very happy with the Waeco & reckon it's good value.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12