Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drivers door lock

Drivers door lock

My drivers door lock or locking central has the problem that it does not recognise the car has been entered and will lock the whole car after it times out, if that makes sense? I have to open another door for things to operate as normal.Had the lock swapped out but problem still there.Should I be looking under the seat at fuses etc.Any help or direction would be much appreciated.Thanks
    MY10 6 speed

Users Country Flag
    Does the interior light come on, when you open the driver's door?
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

No, it does come on when I use the remote but not when I open the door...
    MY10 6 speed

Users Country Flag
    Ok, so the BCM is not recognising that the door is opening.

Might be worth looking at the harness, where it passes from the car into the door. The rubber boot should unclip at either end, allowing you to pull it back to inspect the wiring there for any breakages.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Ok I will go take a look.Thanks
    MY10 6 speed

All good there.Might need to pull skin off the door perhaps and take a look? Where does the other end go to into the body?
    MY10 6 speed

Check the connection box under the drivers seat I posted last week about problems with water under the rubber mat and there is a flap in the rubber where the wiring loom comes out . It just happens to be directly under the junction box , mine had more growth than our lawn around the terminals . Slide the seat right forward and look down depending on what level of your van is you may find some connectors empty but the others are live and one is for the door locking as I had the identical problem . I bought some contact cleaner from Jaycar two small spray bottles one cleans the corrosion the second one coats seals to ensure good contacts .

Hi Sunny,
    Will check it out tomorrow thanks.The wiring all seems to be under my passenger seat...My lock was swapped out by a mechanic and didnt solve the problem so fingers crossed your fix might be good for me too.On quick inspection under there though all looks dry and fresh and clean...They must have changed location after the 2010 upgrade I am thinking?
    MY10 6 speed

My connection is under the drivers seat not sure about the later series so best suggestion would be to remove a plug one at a time and see which one stops all the door locking , that's how I found out which of mine was the one with the corrosion .

All seems ok under there.Do you know where,or can anyone direct me to the BCM please?
    Thanks Sunny
    MY10 6 speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast