Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Do anyone still change the oil after the first 1000km on a new diesel?

True Umai but as a non experienced person at the time of our problem auto we took the dealers word as gospel , it was only a few years later that VW told us that they could be serviced as they were supplied by VW some special tooling to do that very job . If the tooling had been available then we would probably not suffered the complete failure that followed . But then as it transpired the filter inside the box was blocked which lead to its demise . I always maintain VW knew it was a bad decision as we all know that in 2010 they fitted the DSG with a service interval of 60000km and the filter strangely found its way to the OUTSIDE of the box funny that . And like I pointed out earlier the GM of VW AU made that crazy statement about Japans climate while totally ignoring the fact that we also have stop start driving and we live in a HOT climate country . I have watched many documentaries on Japan and not once have I seen any deserts , their summer runs from June to August with average temps of 30c unlike what we experience here for 5 months or more depending on where you live .

Users Country Flag

I always thought their service schedules for Australia were crap!
    Most cars rarely go to 'dusty' environs.
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456