Thread: Changing driver seat in T5

Changing driver seat in T5

Hi all,
    I have been doing a lot of long distance drives recently in my 2010 T5 and the seat is causing a lot of discomfort after a back injury.

Googling showed results from the UK forums, but has anyone here swapped out their driver seat for some other, more comfortable model?

If so; what type of seat did you go for? Was it expensive? Is it expensive to get an engineering certificate to ok it? Did you swap it in yourself? Is that hard?

Thanks all.

Yes you would need a certificate if you change the seat , but may I suggest this . Have you considered talking to a Motor Trimming shop about modifying your current seat , as a retired motor trimmer I can say that there are plenty of ways to make a seat more comfortable than the stock models . You can have them add extra foam in the critical places for the support you need , then as I have done fitted a pump up lumbar support nto the back rest as I also get a sore back from self inflicted abuse of my back . It fits out of sight behind the foam and you can have various amount of pressure , there are also now some that are electric and have massage chambers to really give a great relief to your back . Even if you get a recommendation of an alternative seat you have to remember what suits one person may not suit another person and you could just as easliy end up with similar problems . As you are out west you may need to find a shop in one of the bigger towns who are willing to work with you on a mod that suits , good luck with the project .

That's a great idea. Thankyou.