Thread: Brake Sensor Light

Brake Sensor Light

Hi all

About to drop my 08 Beach in for a service (160k), however the brake sensor light is now randomly appearing, mostly on acceleration, not on braking.

Any tips on potential cause before I book it in? I'd like to be well prepared for cost, and of course to have researched costs and alternatives beforehand! I learnt that from fixing my air con sensor myself!

Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Check the brake pads.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

They must be just at the critical point where the sensor makes contact with the disc and there is only a tiny bit of pad covering the sensor contact , which would explain the off and on bit .

Thanks Sunny and Umai!

Brakes haven't been done in recent memory so I guess that makes sense. I was concerned maybe it may have been more sinister!

Interestingly it wasn't pads, it was fluid, basically I was braking with water with some fluid mixed in for good measure��, so master cyclinder reco'd, and a MAJOR service, all filters, rear shocks means I'm now poorer, but hopefully that means another 160 odd k's for me or the next person! Although mechanic thinks we'd be crazy to sell it!

Had this.As the pads wear, the fluid level drops, sometimes down to the sensor.Just a simple fluid topup was necessary
    Steve
    04 T5 auto 2.5L TDI

But the Stealer tell you there was water in the brake fluid.🤔 .