Thread: Attach Bullbar?

Attach Bullbar?

Looking for advice as to how best attach this bull bar I picked up on Gumtree, as in the photos, no more fittings except what you see.

Took the original bumper off and can't quite see how it fits on, am I missing something? T4 1999 Syncro.

Thanks in advance.

Attach Bullbar?-img_20170521_140927846_hdr[1]-jpg

Attach Bullbar?-img_20170521_140938491[1]-jpg
    Last edited by DeveMelb; 21-05-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Take that black crash beam off as well.

I've fitted one in the past, but it was a different brand.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Take that black crash beam off as well.

I've fitted one in the past, but it was a different brand.
    Yeah figured that out a bit after posting, thanks for the reply, just need a pair of child size hands to get the remaining bolts in now, 2 down - half way there!

with the dust and flies in western Victoria
    Fitting a bull bar to a T4 is something I only ever want to do once. I've a Bocar bar on mine. The company is long gone but they are the same alloy bars that were footed to the ambulance builds back then...

Just to check. You mean the entire crash beam Umai? Not just the top strip which gives access to the bolts?

Can anyone confirm if it's the whole crash beam that's removed for fitting? Thanks.

I put an ECB bullbar on my 2012 T5 and that required removing the full 'crash bar', if that's what it's called. Each side then they have two pieces of steel. One slides into the rail and bolts there and the other bolts onto this to provide support and bolt holes for the bar itself. Twas a bit of a job. Also involved cutting plastic panels underneath, from memory.
    FWIW'

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2012 132kw T5.1 TDI DSG 4Motion LWB Transporter, locking rear diff. Macron Campervan conversion. ECB bullbar. Milford towbar and rear light protector. Seikel Desert HD 30mm lift kit.

Makes sense to remove the black "crash bar "as the bull bar would be the logical replacement part as it was designed for just that purpose .

Attach Bullbar?-img_20170529_165139760[1]-jpg

Done!!! I spoke with the person I bought it off who advised to leave the crash bar on, definately a job I only ever want to do once.

My next dilemna is what to do with these struts?

Attach Bullbar?-img_20170529_165210625[1]-jpgAttach Bullbar?-img_20170529_165223551[1]-jpg

They were attached to the plastic bumper, they offer no support to the bullbar. Cut em off (bar one screw they're punched in, meaning refitting a plastic bumper will be a chore if I ever need to), leave as is or try drill some holes and pull them into place on the bull bar steel, which would serve no purpose but look better...
    Last edited by DeveMelb; 29-05-2017 at 09:26 PM.