Thread: 07 Multivan Highline 2nd battery location?

07 Multivan Highline 2nd battery location?

Was wondering where the 2nd battery option with the factory fridge is located?

I use an Engle fridge and am considering a 2nd deep cycle battery installation, the highline does not have any room under front seats unfortunately.

Whats under your seats?

As far as I know the second battery is under the passenger seat on a Multivan.

I know it sounds daft but are you sure you dont already have a second battery?

If no one else can help ask at VW where it would be if you specified second battery on a new van.

Rob

Users Country Flag
    Fletchog, if you get a small enough battery, and a bloody big hammer, no worries

I've got an 06 Highline, and yes there is an awfull lot of wiring, relays and whatever under those seats

We did manage to get a 4 channel amp under the passenger seat, and a small sub under the drivers seat

There was a lot of talk in some other threads here of different batteries that would fit and work, do a search and you should find some really good info

Good luck

M

Users Country Flag
    The auxilliary battery 2 in the campervan is fitted in the kitchen cupboard otherwise the auxilliary battery 1 is under the passenger seat. You should be able to see the tray for the battery there (I had it there in my T5 Transporter).

Here is my second battery installation http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...tml#post619575

I would recommend that you use 12V to 12Vbattery charger rather than relay it's easier to wire up and the latest Redarc BCDC1240 allows you to connect the solar panel as well. I saw it on ebay for around $300-$400
    Last edited by Transporter; 25-03-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks for the replies, I should have explained a little better. I didnt go with the factory option, however did read that is comes with a 2nd battery. Since i dont need to run a fridge the whole time, I think i'll go with the engel or waeco power pack as they allow approx 36hrs without recharging.