Support VWWC

Thread: 17 inch VW Steels Powder coated Satin Black

Users Country Flag

17 inch VW Steels Powder coated Satin Black

Well, it took me a while to get it organised, i did buy a secondhand set of T6 steels to get powder coated,

But i found out that my 17 inch steels are a higher load rating (950kg) than the standard Aus T6's (850kg) i had to change the tires over to get my rims into get powder coated

I got the Rims back from the Powdercoaters yesterday, they came up damm good in Satin Black.

The powdercoater did a great job, no runs, no bumps.

17 inch VW Steels Powder coated Satin Black-img_1036-jpg

Got the Cargo Vector 2's reinstalled, was tempted to get 225/65 R17 KO'2, But will get the Seikel Suspension fitted, as QLD Transport won't allow both unless i undergo engineers testing for the ABS and ESP

They only have tests for suspension and tire increase up to 50mm, but didn't do both together up to 50mm for both, so unless you pay for the testing, its not legal to have both.

17 inch VW Steels Powder coated Satin Black-img_1045-jpg

Not the Greatest photo, as there is sitting in the shade this arvo, and the wheels need to be cleaned after the tires where refitted.

Will Plasti Dip the Wheelchair Lift panel black under the sliding door, as the powder coat will be damaged after using the lift, (the front swings down onto the ground) at least Plasti dip is a bit more flexible, and easy to fix.
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Users Country Flag
    Looking good Bryn. Black wheels on a white van looks great IMHO. Haha

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Cheers Markee,

I saw a White T5 Edition 25 with Black rims and a Black roof a few years ago and loved the look.

There is just something beautiful with the simplicity of White and Black.

Although it doesn't have the awesome stance, that yours has with those huge tires and black rims.
    Last edited by Bryn23; 13-09-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: got the edition number wrong

Great looking van Bryn, looking for 17" steels to go on my T5 so could I ask where you got them from?

Hi Pickle,

I used the 17 inch steels that came on my van.

I brought a spare set of 17 inch steels, that i planned on for a second tire set for oversize AT's, but i then changed my plans as i when with the lift kit instead, and i can't legally do both and also the rims weren't legally rated for my special order van.

Im looking at selling them and they are legally load rated for Australian delivered Transporters, if you are interested and we are both in Brisbane.

I got them off Gumtree, it took a while until a decent set came up for a decent price.

PM if you want to know what i paid.

PM sent ��

Pm sent, cheers