Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTI Seats in an 08 Maxi Life

Cool GTI Seats in an 08 Maxi Life

For Info,

Bought some GTI seats from Oli and he helped me fit them as well. I have heard that it is a straight swap for some Caddies, however, not in my case. Nonetheless a simple mod soon had them fitted with Airbag and seat belt wiring modded to suit, no codes/warnings

For those considering this mod I highly recomend it. I was surprised at just how much extra comfort and protection they provided from the rough ride. I would not have thought it possible. What I didn't expect was how much extra comfort they provided from lateral support. Whilst they provide good comfortable everyday support they also encourage you to corner a lot harder which for me adds a huge level of fun.

So there you go, I can't imagine there would be to many better mods you can do to your Caddy.

Thommo

P.S. Bought the seats from Oli, great bloke highly recomended

very nice. I was going to grab some from Oli too but he's a bit far from me. If only I'd make up my mind on whether I want to keep the thing!
    I don't see any pics? what modding was there to do for the plugs?
    Main Dub:
    2010 Crafter Hanover Bus
    1956 Type 1
    2015 vRS wagon black on black

Ive seen on other Caddy forums seats from Sirroco (sp?) various Golfs, Audis, even Subaru outback

Been there, done that. Not a straight swap but hella worth it.

Also got the seats from Oli.

Transforms the van, doesn't it?

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Sure does, I was shocked.

Just about to get some Sparco Assetto Garas 17 x 7.5 offset 48 mm, shall post pics once done.

Two Dogs

hi mate, could you give us more details on the mods? Did you use the original seat bases - and mounted the seat sliders on the Ø20 holes like Preeny did? All the UK guys talk about Touran bases but obviously that's out of the question for us here. I'm waiting for Oli to get back on me - want to do this to both Caddys
    Chris if I get these seats I may need to get you to make me some custom spacers!
    Main Dub:
    2010 Crafter Hanover Bus
    1956 Type 1
    2015 vRS wagon black on black

Quote Originally Posted by Lams View Post
    hi mate, could you give us more details on the mods? Did you use the original seat bases - and mounted the seat sliders on the Ø20 holes like Preeny did? All the UK guys talk about Touran bases but obviously that's out of the question for us here. I'm waiting for Oli to get back on me - want to do this to both Caddys
    Chris if I get these seats I may need to get you to make me some custom spacers!
    have you still got the camper as well as the new maxi?

hello - yes

ive de stickered mine now after looking at pics of yours without them.. are you attending valla this year at all ..

Lams, Oli, PM sent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast