Thread: Head Units?

Users Country Flag

Head Units?

Hi Caddy People,
    Just wondering what head units are compatible with the earlier shape caddy, mine is 2008 and currently has an RCD 030 i believe.... Have heard that some later units such as RCD510 may not work... Or are the ebay non oem alternatives the way to go.. Cheers

You can fit the newer RCD or RNS head units no problem but you would probably need to update your CAN bus gateway too.

I personally bought an aftermarket unit that has bluetooth built in + Sat nav and all the usual stuff. Not OEM but way cheaper.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Horace01 View Post
    You can fit the newer RCD or RNS head units no problem but you would probably need to update your CAN bus gateway too.

I personally bought an aftermarket unit that has bluetooth built in + Sat nav and all the usual stuff. Not OEM but way cheaper.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    Was it a Chinese one??? What's the quality like????

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mine is an Eonon brand. I've fitted 3 of their units into 3 different cars now.

The only issue I've had is that vary occasionally the software will crash or freeze. I can live with that for a unit that costs less than $450.00 and comes with Bluetooth and Sat nav built in and a reversing camera input. It also has can bus integration so the steering wheel controls work.

I'm actually thinking if now upgrading to an Android version.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Horace01; 25-05-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    Using Tapatalk