Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf Seats Into a Caddy Van?

Users Country Flag

Golf Seats Into a Caddy Van?

Is it possible to fit Golf (or similar) sports type seats into my 2014 Caddy van? Does anyone know who could do it here in Perth?

Users Country Flag
    I have read that you need to get your hands on the seat support frame for the VW Sharan or Touran (not sure which one off the top of my head and I cannot find the reference quickly at the moment) which will then allow you to mount the sports seats from the Golf Mk5.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Never heard of those versions ......... SHARAN or TOURAN. Do you mean TOUAREG?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by barfly1959 View Post
    Never heard of those versions ......... SHARAN or TOURAN. Do you mean TOUAREG?
    They are overseas models we don't get here:
    Sharan : Volkswagen UK

Touran : Volkswagen UK

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

seat bases not the same, but there are enough holes in the seat rails or the Caddy seat bases that you can line them up and use nuts and bolts to secure it

Others use the Touran seat bases that will take Golf seats, but as the Touran is a very rare car in AUS, you'd have a hard time finding them. I had GTI seats in the Caddy and part of the reason I had to use spacers was because they are much lower than Caddy seats
    Main Dub:
    2010 Crafter Hanover Bus
    1956 Type 1
    2015 vRS wagon black on black

Cheers Lams.

So do I just need some sort of spacers to fit the Golf seats to the Caddy? Where can I get them?

Users Country Flag
    Grind the locating lugs off the new seats. Bolt the front of the rails to the base, you may have to either spread or push the rails to line them up but they will work, then you'll notice the rear holes line up perfectly with the big hole at the back of the base. Make up a flat washer out of some flat steel then use the original Bolt and a nyloc nut to fasten it. Done! You dont need spacers, just use the height adjuster on the seat if it's too low for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Just FYI, you can fit most Audi seats in the Caddy also. I have Mk5 GTI's in mine on original bases.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I bought my Touran seat bases of eBay.de (German eBay) for $40.00 including delivery to Australia.

If you do decide to import the seat bases it is usually way cheaper if you get them from Europe rather than the UK. Shipping is generally cheaper from Europe rather than the UK too.

You can also get them from NZ.

As mentioned above you can use you Caddy bases just fine if you don't mind losing a little height.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Horace01; 25-11-2016 at 10:14 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Horace01 View Post
    I bought my Touran seat bases of eBay.de (German eBay) for $40.00 including delivery to Australia.

If you do decide to import the seat bases it is usually way cheaper if you get them from Europe rather than the UK. Shipping is generally cheaper from Europe rather than the UK too.

You can also get them from NZ.

As mentioned above you can use you Carry bases just fine if you don't mind losing a little height.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

So its a simple matter of getting 2 Touran seat bases and then just a bolt-in swap for Golf seats?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast