Thread: Cargo Hold Partition?

Users Country Flag

Cargo Hold Partition?

Hi guys,

I'm a courier. Delivering in summer drives me crazy. When I open the rear doors all the cool air gets out. Then when I get back in the AC has to cool down the cargo hold as well as the cabin because I've just got a wire partition. By the time I get to my next stop the Caddy still hasn't cooled down.

Does anybody know the best way to isolate the cabin from the cargo hold?

Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    With our Toyota Hiaces vans at work we have attached a clear plastic sheet to the wire mesh cargo barrier to help with that problem. Not a perfect solution but it does help without the big outlay that a new fibreglass cargo partition/barrier.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Interesting solution! ...and cost effective. That might work.

Where do you get the plastic? Bunnings?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    With our Toyota Hiaces vans at work we have attached a clear plastic sheet to the wire mesh cargo barrier to help with that problem. Not a perfect solution but it does help without the big outlay that a new fibreglass cargo partition/barrier.
    Did the same thing with Renault Master vans at our work. Much better solution than a fibreglass cargo barrier. Much better visibility also. We purchased the van new & the dealer suggested a plastic sheet attached to mesh cargo barrier and also fitted it.