Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Caddy Build Thread!

I cheaped out on the bilstein rear shocks... Big mistake it's like a bouncing castle at the moment until I get them sorted!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Caddy Build Thread!-image-jpg  

A few updates but no pics!

Managed to pick up a complete Mk6 GTi interior, obviously only wanted the front seats. Unbolted passenger seat to find the rails are ever so slightly different. Shame cause GTi seats were one of the first things I wanted to do, but now I don't know if I can be bothered mucking around making them fit.

I've always found braking in the car pretty average. This should be resolved next month when I put some Golf R front brakes on

Also found someone to wrap the caddy at a good price. Will be happening in about 6 weeks.

I imported some seacond hand Touran seat bases from Germany. They are much cheaper than getting then from the UK and the MK6 GTi seats bolt straight on. You don't loose any height. Well worth the extra expense as it only cost me about $250 with shipping.
    Last edited by Horace01; 03-09-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Horace01 View Post
    I imported some seacond hand Touran seat bases from Germany. They are much cheaper than getting then from the UK and the MK6 GTi seats bolt straight on. You don't loose any height. Well worth the extra expense as it only cost me about $250 with shipping.
    Pretty sure i've seen your van getting round the peninsula lately.
    White Scirocco R
    White MK3 Golf 2dr
    White Caddy (Work Van)

Users Country Flag
    Are you selling the gti seats?

Some more updates:

- Sold the GTI seats because I couldn't be bothered making them fit... that and I have my eye on a pair of second hand Audi R8 seats
    - Front brakes from a Golf R going on next week.. will report back with any fitment issues and pics of course

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345