Thread: 2KN Caddy wheel size & suspension lift?

2KN Caddy wheel size & suspension lift?

Hey guys & girls,

Currently selling my Golf to upgrade to a Caddy.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the largest diameter wheel can be fitted to the Caddy's? I want to put some mild all terrain tires on (do a fair bit of mountain biking, hiking, camping etc and the extra grip and height is very helpful)
    But not sure if a 60 or 65 profile tyre would fit.

Other question is, has anyone lifted their Caddy? Plenty of information about lowering, but can't find anything about lifting!
    The Golf I have you can chuck in Tiguan struts and springs for a lift, nice and easy!
    Now i know the Mk5 suspension is the same in the front of the Caddy so the front can have the Tiguan springs fitted.
    But for the rear.... Does anyone make a specific lift kit for the leafs?

Thanks.

Search google for info on the Caddy All terrain 4motion sold in Europe. They are sold with all all terrain wheels and tires so that may help you.

Some people run 20" wheels on their Caddy so I would think you'll be OK with a 60 profile especially if you're running 15 or 16" wheels.

Not sure about a lift kit...

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    No sure if this could help or not but there are places that will do aftermarket airbag suspension for the VW Caddy eg: http://www.airbagman.com.au/resource...man-kit-rr4610, might be able use them to adjust the ride height at the rear.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    they come lifted standard well the rear is, you can probably do something custom. longer shocks and springs. doubt you'll lift the front too much without having problems with drive shafts.

Users Country Flag
    That is true too, one of the things that I love about my Caddy is that it clears many road/parking lot obstacles without scraping.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    The rear is a spring over axle setup, so ironically, the easiest way to do it is with lowering blocks and longer U-bolts.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Hi Guys,

anyone had any luck with this? i have airbags in the rear and the car sits at normal height on the rear but the front sits 20mm lower than standard due to the weight in the back,

the car now looks nose heavy so im trying to get the front up, is there larger springs for these things?