Thread: Power Upgrade for the Ultimate

Power Upgrade for the Ultimate

So I had a chat to my dealership today about the MY19 Amarok and there is some good news.
    My dealership had a video conference with VGA Yesterday.
    So apparently VW is waiting to see the official power figures of the new V6 MB X-Class, once they have been announced officially, VW is going to offer the Amarok Ultimate with a power boost to match or beat MB!
    But only in Ultimate Form.
    So around the 180kw-190kw range. No overboost
    Torque Figures were not discussed in the meeting though which is disappointing.
    Also the MY19 Amarok V6 will have rear airbags as standard across the range, about bloody time..

Sent from my iPhone
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex31 View Post
    Torque Figures were not discussed in the meeting though which is disappointing.
    Which is far more important than kW. I don't know why people still focus on power. It means nothing when there are speed limits. Acceleration is far more important. One of the reasons (other than fuel efficiency and doing country km every day) I had no issues going with the 2.0 diesel instead of the 2.0 petrol. It will accelerate faster as it has more torque.

Torque is also far more important for towing.

Power Upgrade for the Ultimate

Yes I agree completely, however if they are going to boost power to around the 190kw mark, I would think the torque will increase as well.
    Fingers crossed for 600nm Power Upgrade for the Ultimate

Sent from my iPhone
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    Which is far more important than kW. I don't know why people still focus on power. It means nothing when there are speed limits. Acceleration is far more important. One of the reasons (other than fuel efficiency and doing country km every day) I had no issues going with the 2.0 diesel instead of the 2.0 petrol. It will accelerate faster as it has more torque.

Torque is also far more important for towing.
    The importance of torque vs power on acceleration depends on the gearing. Power (kW) is a function of torque and RPM, which is why it is relevant and why people focus on it.