Support VWWC

Thread: Mid life crisis of sorts...Golf R to Amarok!

Users Country Flag

Mid life crisis of sorts...Golf R to Amarok!

I'm seriously thinking about doing this. With some changes to both work and home address I just don't get to use the R anymore other than for a short commute through town. I used to get a 20 minute run on country roads with corners, stuff to overtake and then a couple of drags up the Hume sliproads but that's all gone.

I also need something that can tow a camper or Jayco and my wife's Passat doesn't cut it with its European spec 90kg tow ball limit. I can swap the Golf for an Amarok at minimal to no extra outlay and then I don't have to buy a big car for my wife. She thought she liked big cars but finds the Passat much nicer to drive.

I'll sleep on it...
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag

Amarok is by far the best driving ute on the market .... the diesels in comparison to a R is a bit gutless, but perfectly capable of towing anything you want anywhere you want.

Petrol (now discontinued) Amaroks are much more liveable on a daily basis and with some work capable of sub 7s 0-100 for when a bit of speed is required ....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...