Thread: Amarok Composition Media Android Auto issues

Amarok Composition Media Android Auto issues

I have a 2018 TDI420 Core that has the fairly basic Composition media infotainment system. It includes Android Auto and Apple car play capability.

Has anyone had much luck optimising this system to get it to play well in the Amarok?

After 24 hours I see a a few issues. Using android Auto and a samsung phone I have noticed the screen goes all washed out and is barely readable when the head unit is in night mode with instrument lights on. But toggling back out of Android Auto to the regular head unit functions it displays fine. I have not tested yet to see if it does the same with apple car play.

Android Auto using Google Maps seems to force half the already small map screen to be occupied by turn instructions. Is there anyway to hide the instructions so the map is full screen, without losing the route?
    Golf Mk6 118 TSI DSG |APR Stage I ECU Upgrade | HEX-USB+CAN

Users Country Flag

My mate’s night screen using Apple CarPlay is also close to unreadable dull especially on map - even adjusting screen to full bright in settings made little difference. Such a contrast to the clarity in my 2015 Polo.